Chapter 4

“Please have your...” The flight attendants voice trailed off in the back. In the midst of all of the people, I was just another person flying to London.

I tried my best to sit comfortably in my seat, for this flight was going to take about eight to nine hours. Luckily for me, I was able to claim the window seat just in time.

“Whew,” I let out a breath. I can’t believe I was actually doing this, I can’t believe I actually-

“-I’m sorry, is this seat taken?” a voice interrupted.

I turned my head and replied, “Actually-”

My face loss all color when I saw him. How, I mean, why was he here? How did he know?

“Cara.” Kaleb said looking down at me.

“Yes, this seat is taken. Go sit next to the crying babies.”

“I was just being nice. Move.”

“No.”

“No?” He furrowed a brow. “Well than I guess I could just tell mom that I found-”

“-Moms here?” I panicked. There goes my plan. “Wait, why are you here?”

“I find it very mysterious when I see suitcases flying out the second story of the house, and my sister.”

He saw that? “Please don’t tell mom,” I blurted. “She’ll have me grounded forever, and-”

“-I’m not going to tell mom. You are.” He pulled out his phone and said, “Here.”

“I’m not going to do it Kaleb.”

“Call her-”

“-Please prepare for take off. In the time of being, please have your phones wifi connection turned off. There will be no cellular connection allowed in the time of being.”

A satisfied smile pulled on the corners of my lips. Kaleb put his cell phone away, and a hostile growl left him as he sat down next to me.

The plane rumbled after everyone was seated, and we descended into the air for the first time. It felt exciting. The distance off the ground was enough to tell me that my mother couldn’t catch up to us.

I turned to look at Kaleb, who his under the collar of his jacket. He refused to look my way, but instead he kept to himself. Short, paced breaths left him as he tried to calm himself down.

“Scaredy-cat?”