Killum

Chapter 18

"You're as beautiful as the day I lost you, Jack Rabbit."

Kira froze not only from Callum's words but also his swift action of placing a passionate kiss upon her lips.

For the first time in a long time, she didn't know how to react.

The man who she thought was dead all this time kissed her again. Her first and last love. The father of her children.

Her children.

"I need to get Kaleb-"

"-No! Not yet," he exclaimed as he pulled her back. "He's in good hands. They're not going to hurt him. But right now, you're mine again."

"My son-"

"-our son."

Kira threw him a look. The one that she always had when she felt she knew better.

"Kaleb just killed someone because of you," she spat.

"And what type of people do you think his parents are?"

"That was a long time ago," she reasoned. "I've changed to protect my children-"

"-our children."

"Fine," she said stubbornly, "our children. They need us more than ever, and I..." she could feel the tears beginning to fall again, "I can't imagine how scared they both feel. Callum, you have a daughter and I don't know how to find her."

Her pride was crumbling inside her. She had failed to protect her children and even in the face of her lover, she couldn't take the shock in all at once.

Kira's brown locks were a mess and the sobs coming from her definitely assured Callum that she is a different person. Still, she is the woman he loves, and the feeling was still there when he pulled her into his protection.

She was quick to accept his hold. Perhaps because she had missed him more than she cared to admit.

"We have time, Kira," Callum said. "Kaleb came here to find her and we will find her. But for now stay with me."

The sudden weight of the confirmation of his legitimate children was equally a shock to him as the discovery of his existence was to Kira. However, they were together again. A small smile crept upon his lips from very idea of it.

"How can you smile at a time like this?" Kira exclaimed.

He wanted to laugh. That's how she was. Always serious, always something that needs to be done and places to be.

"Remember how you tried to kill me?"

Kira stared at him in disbelief. Her anger looked more of a pout, which didn't scare Callum at all. He caressed her cheek and looked into those brown eyes of hers.

"It wasn't me," she confessed. "It was the people I worked for. They did it. You know I would never hurt you."

Funny enough Callum felt relief. Back then he was angry for what she did, but if their history meant anything to her it would have been complete bullshit to try to kill him. He knew she loved him.

"Look at me, Jack Rabbit."

She did just that.

He planted another kiss on her lips, taking in the ecstasy that is Kira, the mother of his children.

"I knew you couldn't resist me."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Kaleb