7.) Let's Play!

"Do you feel better now, friend?" Chica asked, looking down at you. You looked up at all your new friends and nodded your head. "Thank you so much, guys. That really helped me." You wiped away the last of your tears and smiled.

They all pulled away while looking down at you. "So, what are you doing here? You know it's after hours, you could get hurt all by yourself." Roxy said to you with concern.

You responded, meeting her gaze, "I-I am the new janitor. I transferred here today and I can't leave until 12am." You heard Chica behind you gasp, "OMG, that means we still have time to play! It's been so long since we've done anything fun!" You look around at all the robots and asked, "Do you guys... directly interact with children? Like pick them up and hold them?"

I know, dumb question to ask. All the robots glanced around at each other with sorrowful looks, and Monty replied, "Not anymore. We used to but for some reason, we can't leave the stage if children are around, and that's bogus if you ask me!"

"I know, I miss talking to all my adoring fans and hearing them tell me how amazing I am." Roxy said as if it were the end of the world. "So, you guys don't get to play anymore?" You asked. They all shook their heads in disappointment. Your heart shattered for them.

"I would love to play with you guys! If I could, I'd play with you all forever!" Wow, that sounds like something 7 year old you would say. But you meant it, you felt that rekindling fire you felt as a child that made you passionate about your old childhood obsession with Freddy and the gang, and it felt great.

You felt alive again for the first time, you didn't feel the weight of depression sitting on you anymore. You found somewhere you were welcomed with open arms and you wanted to do everything you could to make it last. Even if that meant trying to revert back to your 7 year old self, trying to show that pure, innocent, genuine side of yourself. You knew it was still in there. They made you feel it again.

All of their eyes lit up with excitement but you had to tell them, "But I can't play tonight. I have so much work to do!" You could see their expressions start to change to sadness, and continued, "But I'll be back tomorrow night and if I can finish all my work early, we'll have so much time to play!" They all started to smile again and Freddy stepped in, "It's most likely for the best, considering we worked hard today and we're low on power. Our new friend will come back to us."

His gaze beamed down at you and you felt butterflies in your stomach. He's so tall and broad. You blushed to yourself, thinking those thoughts. You no longer had a bias against Freddy, you knew that your crush had came back and it came back hard. I'll come back to you, Freddy. You nodded your head to the gang and said, "Yes, please. Get some rest guys. You all deserve it."

You could feel them smiling at you and Chica hugged you, saying, "I really don't wanna leave you but I know you have things to do, so we'll see you tomorrow." Once you two pulled away, Roxy immediately hugged you and said, "Yeah, we'll always be here if you need us." You hugged back and a short laugh, "Thank you."

You two pulled away, then Monty hugged you, saying, "Don't work to hard." You nodded and said, "Trust me, I won't." You heard chuckles from the robots when you two pulled away, then you turned towards Freddy. He opened his arms and immediately scooped you up, giving you a bear hug. He nuzzled his fuzzy cheeks against yours and says, "We're so glad to have you here and we hope you enjoy it here as well."

You wrapped your arms around his neck and smiled, "I already do." Butterflies swarmed in your stomach as your cheeks turn red. He's so soft but yet so strong... He slowly set you down on your feet and you looked up at him with a big smile and rosy cheeks. The gang began to walk away, in the direction of their rooms, waving to you as they exited the stage.

Your heart was racing, pounding against your chest. The butterflies began to fade away as you composed yourself, trying to steady your breathing. Oh my god, I haven't felt that before... My boyfriend doesn't even make me feel that way. That was honestly disappointing. Knowing your boyfriend doesn't make you as happy as a robot really makes you think differently about him. Maybe you two should talk about the relationship because to you, it was dull and didn't seem like it was going anywhere.

As you walked back to where you came from, you were lost in your thoughts. You wondered how you could spice up the romance in your relationship but it seemed as if your boyfriend was not interested in that type of stuff. Why did we even get together in the first place? You constantly thought about it as you went about the rest of your evening, cleaning. Then clocked out and went home once you finished your shift.

That night, you texted your boyfriend multiple times but he wouldn't answer back. So you decided to go to sleep and once you were, you dreams were filled with Freddy, the new Freddy. All you wanted was to hug him again.