10.) Shh

After you and Freddy shared that heartfelt moment, you looked at your watch and explained that it was time for you to go. You and Freddy walked back to the main lobby, Freddy hugging you one last time. You both were reluctant to let go of one another but eventually did. He watched you walk to your car and drive away.

You sighed as you pulled into Katie's Cafe, you saw your boyfriend's car already parked and assumed he was inside. You quickly jumped out and walked in, finding his booth and sitting across from him. "Hey, Brandon. What's up?" You said as you sit down. He looked uncomfortable, almost like he was guilty of something.

He looked directly at you and said with a sigh, "Look (Y/n), I know you probably don't wanna hear this but... To be honest, these past few months have been kind of a drag for me and I have been doing a lot of reflecting and I have decided that I don't think we should be together anymore."

You stared at him with wide eyes and you felt your chest tighten in pain. Your stomach dropped and your heart rate increased. You were freaking out. You've never dealt with a breakup before, Brandon has been your one and only boyfriend for four years. There were times when he was emotionally and mentally abusive with his manipulation and harsh words but you found yourself to be codependent with him, the attachment being really strong considering all the time you all spent together.

Fuck, why did I know it? You gritted your teeth, clenching your fists and turned your head away. Your heart aching and emotions getting the best of you but you decided to try to be mature and said, "I understand." You squeezed your eyes shut with tears pouring out and you sniffed, standing up and just walking out, leaving Brandon to watch you with his mouth open. Your hands were shaking as well as your knees, a lot of intrusive and negative thoughts filled your mind. Misery... what a horrible feeling.

You get in your car and quickly leave, not wanting him to see you cry. You sobbed hard and cried as you drove home, you felt so alone. You hated going home like this. A thick, heavy cloud weighed down on your shoulders like a brick... everything... feels... different. You couldn't explain it but you just wanted to be in your bed. I'm so sick of this life...

Going into the next day, you felt dread getting ready for work. The thought of possibly seeing your ex in public makes you feel like you're gonna be sick. But you did it anyways, putting on your clothes and doing your hair, you get in your car and go to work. Thankfully, you haven't seen your dad lately so things have been quiet.

You arrive at the PizzaPlex and groggily made your way in on coffee and 3 hours of sleep. Your fellow coworkers definitely notice and ask if your ok. You thank them for the concern but you just wanted to be alone right now.

It's 10:15pm and you are sluggishly making your way into the main lobby. On the show stage, Freddy, Roxy and Chica are watching Monty do a handstand. Freddy was the first to notice you and said, "(Y/n)?" He jumps off the stage and runs towards you. The girls look over and Monty falls over. The other three follow Freddy and he stops in front of you asking, "What's wrong? You look like you've had the life sucked out of you."

You sighed and leaned your head against Freddy's chest, wrapping your arms around his torso as well. He was surprised but hugged back. Everyone else circled around you and asked, "What's wrong?" "What's going on?" "Is she ok?"

Freddy holds his hand out and says, "Friends, please. She's fine, remain calm. She's just tired. Look at her eyes." They all look directly at you and you had dark rings under your eyes and your face was pink from crying earlier. You yawned and just nuzzled into Freddy's chest and said, "I just want to rest for a while.. Please.."

They wasted no time and sat you down at a table, Freddy giving you himself to rest on. You all sat at the table together, you laying your head against Freddy's shoulder. They all decided to go into rest mode together for 30mins to give you some time to rest.

11:00pm

Everyone wakes up and looks at you as you wake up as well. You looked at your friends, seeing their concern and you exhaled. Ok. You were able to retell the story between you and your boyfriend last night and said you cried almost all day, getting very little sleep. You explain that you feel like your happiness has been drained out of you.

Everyone tells you they're sorry and wished things were different and you smiled. It felt good to have someone on your side for a change. For the rest of the evening, you all had meaningful conversations that gave you a warm feeling, knowing if you continue to work here, you could do this everyday and always have someone willing to help.

This kinda feels like home.