{ 6 }

Tw: mentions of suicide, depression!

He looks around and sees that he's back in the demon mansion.

But there's one problem. Jungwoo isn't with him.

'Fuck!', he yells.

He hears someone running up to him. 'Did you do it?', Taeyong asks excitedly.

'Nope... He got his memories back twice but fainted each time right after... After he wakes up again his memories are gone.', Doyoung explains sadly.

'So I tried the spell immediatly after his memories returned the second time, I thought it worked but as I finished the chant and opened my eyes. I arrived here by myself. So he must've fainted again.'

Heavy footsteps are suddenly heard from behind them. 'So you all went to the human world without my permission?'

Taeyong and Doyoung look behind them in shock. 'N-no boss. Only I went there.'

Doyoung prepares for the worst as he admits what he did.

'And you failed at bringing Jungwoo back?', Jaehyun asks.

'Yes boss. He fainted everytime he got his memories back.', Doyoung says.

'Wait what? How did he get his memories back in the first place?', Jaehyun frowns.

'I don't know boss. He just kept getting them back all by himself when I tried to help him remember.'

'But that's...'

Jaehyun sighs. 'I'm going to get him back myself. If anyone asks where I am, just tell them I went to visit father. I'll leave you in charge until I'm back Doyoung.'

'I don't think so.', Jaehyun feels a hand on his shoulder.

He turns around. 'I thought I made it clear Jaehyun. Just leave the human alone.', the woman demands.

'You don't understand Jennie! This isn't like your situation. Our race has evolved since then. I won't let that whole thing replay itsself. This time it'll be different. And if it's the same as back then, then that's my problem and not yours!', Jaehyun yells.

'It is my problem! I care about you Jaehyun! You're my brother after all! And you're acting like you'd be the only one who would suffer if anything happened to the human. But don't you realise we're all growing attached to him because of how long he stayed already!? Stop being so egoistic and look around you. I'm just stopping you before you can't live without him!'

Everyone's silent. 'The same way I couldn't live without Lisa...', Jennie finishes.

Jaehyun sighs. 'That's the thing, Jen. I've already grown attached. And Lisa died because her immune system probably wasn't strong enough. She was in pain, Jennie. We had no choice but to let her go. But Jungwoo is healthy and strong, he-'

Jennie interrupts him:'How are you so sure he's healthy? When I first met Lisa she was healthy too. At least that's what I thought. Until I gave her the ability to live as long as us demons. Then it went downhill... She started getting sicker and sicker each day. Until she was in so much pain she didn't want to live anymore. I made her suffer just because I didn't want to let her go. Because I loved her so much. Humans aren't supposed to live as long as us Jaehyun. If you really took such a liking to Jungwoo, then let him be.'