5.

"You haven't changed one bit..." she shook her head out of disbelief.

She found herself in front of her hotel's entrance, suddenly realizing he wouldn't be able to go in as the police is looking for him and he has to avoid cameras at all costs. She looked back at him and saw him staring at her.

"My hotel's here. I'll have to leave." she said. 

"Can't we spend some more time?" he asked, voice laced with hopes and uncertainty.

"I...I have a meeting tomorrow and...maybe I should sleep well." she said and looked down.

She's trying to ignore her own state. Her heart has been idiotically beating fast since she met him. And now that he's looking at her, she's having butterflies. But she knows this is not what she wants. He'll leave again and she'll be alone again just like she was left that night. She wouldn't know if he's alive or not. Wouldn't know if he'll ever come back. If she'll ever get to see him again. 

"Okay." He nodded. He's holding his breath and she can see it. "Maybe it was our last meeting then. Goodbye Ae Ra..." he took a few steps back and waved at her.

"Yeah...bye..." 

She didn't want to waste a second there so she rushed inside the hotel and stopped her urge to look back at him. She stood at the reception to collect her keys. But her heart won't stop throbbing painfully. She can't stop thinking about him. She desperately wants to look back.

She took sharp breaths and stood there waiting for her keys. But the tears betrayed her brain and started pouring down her face. 

"I can't do this!" She whispered to herself.

She came running out of the hotel and looked everywhere just to find that idiot who she turned down a moment ago. Regretting the past few seconds she wasted trying to convince herself otherwise. She definitely needed him, if not forever then for a few more minutes at least.  

"Is it me or you're out for something else?" 

She heard his voice coming from behind her. She turned and found him right there. Standing unbothered like nothing happened. 

Her feet took her to him and she ended up hiding her face in his chest. "I can't!" she started to cry, knowing it's stupid in every description.

No matter how much she tried to convince herself that she can't fall for a man she just met and is surely a dangerous one at that. Her mind went back to their last kiss and then the gunshot she heard that night...the blood on the street she dreaded every night after that.

She kept regretting this whole time. Asking herself why she let him go and why she couldn't save him, she regretted every moment of her helplessness and cried everyday.

She had made up her mind to forget him and start a fresh. But now…

She realized that it's a lot easier to love him from afar, not seeing him at all but keep longing, just cherish the perfect times they are together than forgetting him.

"I missed you..." he whispered and made her cry more. His arms now closing around her body to keep her close.  

"I missed you so much..."