7.

He laughed a little but soon captured her lips with his. She let her arms be thrown over his shoulders and kissed him back.

It had the same old feeling coming back to his body as she kissed him. Just as sweet, just as passionate. He let go of her lips and captured them again to devour. Tilting his head in opposite direction of hers. 

She found herself melting under his fingers as he cupped her jaw and the side of her face. His tongue slipping into her mouth like an intoxicating liquor. She can't get enough of it, can't get enough of him. The fight goes on against them until they are out of breath.

"Now that's what you call an actual kiss..." he chuckled.

She just smiled and nodded. She looked up at the sky and breathed out. Feeling the night like a dream. Then looked back at the man who was warmly embracing her.

"How long will you stay here?" she asked and saw his smile nearly vanishing.

"I don't know either..." he gulped. The nervousness of his voice now spilling through his gaze. 

She was about to console him by saying "its okay..." or "that's alright..." but his phone rang and he said he had to pick it up.

Baekhyun walked a bit further and received it. She waited as she felt the cold breeze teasing her skin again. The Seine rushing under her feet, the Eiffel Tower which looked so beautiful at night yet so small because its too far from her. She barely noticed these before. And suddenly they look even more beautiful that she's with him. The lover she's been missing all along. 

A small wish came in her mind. She thought of going to the famous love lock bridge hand in hand with him and hang up a...

"Ae Ra...." 

He called from behind and she turned to him. Smiling yet so beautifully, he could ever imagine.

"I have to go..." he said, coming to her and then holding her hand. The silent apology he's expressing through his eyes was seen.

"You'll leave? Now?" she asked.Voice breaking on each word she utters. 

"They know I'm here. If I don't leave now...I might never meet you again..." he saw her eyes glistening. "I can't let them harm you Ae Ra...I have to..." 

"It's fine Baek...just please stay safe..." she gulped the lump forming in her throat. "Wherever in the world you are...be safe."

"I'm sorry Ae Ra..." he apologised vocally this time.

"Don't be...I know I have to endure it…" she offered him the smile that he needed the most. "...that's the reason I loved you..." she said and let a small tear escape.

"I'll be back. I'll meet you. You'll wait right?" he held her cheeks and asked.

"I will." she said. "Miss me." 

He waited for her to say something else. But the night sky said it all. Brightened in highlights of red between all the navy blues. Sun's coming up and the street lights are still on. He couldn't wait anymore. He had to fade like the night itself. 

He let go of her hand slowly and stepped back. This was the cruelty of dawn that he's leaving her again. But she's sure of one thing now.

Her love isn't incomplete anymore.

And no matter what happens, fate has destined them to meet again. Even for an ephemeral night.

---THE END---