Today is the day

My name is Lauren Ryan and I'm 28 years old and my sister is 14 years old. She was diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma, which is cancer that has spread to lymph nodes, skin, liver and bone barrow. She was having radiation and chemo but honestly it was just making her comfortable. There wasn't much a cure for this as of yet.
She is such a bright kid and has a heart of gold, she knows she is dying but she smiles through it and is honestly my hero.
I'm a doctor so I guess you could say it's easier on me then some people, I know what this cancer means and I know what it's doing so it's not so much of a shock to me.
Our mother is a single mum, and she isn't coping. She mostly stays in her room and doesn't say much. She can't face losing her daughter.
We wrote to the make a wish foundation, Ashley's wish is to meet the cast of the new marvel avengers movie, I think it's called infinity war. So today is the day.
She is so excited, she loves marvel, she is the biggest marvel nerd and superhero's are as she likes to say the most awesome things in the world.
I'm going with her, I'm her caregiver so it's down to me to get her there in one peace.

When we arrive on set, it looks amazing. Ashley is in her wheelchair and they have been nice enough to put ramps everywhere for her.
As we get out of our taxi, we are met by a lovely lady called Nikki, she is going to be our guide today, there is also a photographer and a representative of the make the wish foundation.

Ashley hasn't stopped smiling since we got here, she is more excited to learn about the tech stuff that goes into marvel and of course meeting joe and Anthony Russo who again she adores. Me, I like marvel but I'm not a nerdy fan over it. Now Chris Evans on the other had, I'm a huge fan of his and his films. He is so hot and I'm looking forward to meeting him.

Nikki takes us to grab something to eat and drink and then shows us around the trailers, as we are walking by we see none other then Robert Downey Jr, he walks over to us looking extremely good with a huge smile on his face.
"Hello my dears. You must be Ashley and Lauren?"
"That's us, is so nice to meet you mr Downey" Ashley says in such a sweet and timid voice. Iron man is one of her favourite hero's
"Oh please call me Robert or RDJ" he shook her hand and she beamed the biggest smile.
He walked along with us for a while, talking about everything, asking Ashley lots of questions about why she loves marvel so much and then of course asking her who her favourite superhero is. When she answered iron man, he jumped around like a child. She was laughing so much. He took a few pictures with us and hugged us goodbye as he had to get back to set.
"OMG! I just met iron man"
"Yes you did bubbles" bubbles was my nickname for Ashley. She always reminded me of bubbles from the power puff girls. She called me buttercup because apparently I'm a bad ass.

We carried on walking through, around 3 o'clock, Nikki took us to what is known as Downey's village, when we turned the corner everyone was there, all of the stars of the film. Ashley couldn't believe it. Nikki pushed her towards them and they all smiled and chatted and introduced themselves she looked in her element. I stood back letting her bask in the craziness. I stared at her, wondering why on earth this cruel world would make such a precious and beautiful little girl go through all of this pain. I felt a tear slip down my cheek, so I stepped outside the tent, I didn't want Ashley to see me cry. I needed to be strong for her.
"Hey"
I turned around and saw Scarlett johansson stood there "hi, I'm Lauren. Ashley's big sister"
"Hey nice to meet you. What you doing out here?"
"Just needed a minute. It's a little overwhelming"
"Of course. She is an amazing kid. So bright"
"She is"
"Shall we head back in?"
I turned and walked back in and I saw Ashley talking to none other then Chris Evans. OMG! Don't fan girl! Don't fan girl! I just kept repeating myself over and over.
As I walk closer I hear Ashley saying "Lauren likes marvel but she is a much bigger fan of yours Chris. She has watched every single one of your movies. More then once"
I laugh as I get to Ashley "Ashley? Don't embarrass me please"
"It's not embarrassing. Which film is it that you have watched like 15 hundred times because he is naked?"
"OMG! Ashley shut up!"
Chris is doing his signature laugh while grabbing his left boob.
"Hi, I'm Chris"
"Hi, Lauren. The big sister"
"Nice to meet you"
"You too"
Ashley looks between us "she is single you know, and obviously beautiful....."
"Ashley seriously shut it." I look at Chris "I'm so sorry, younger sisters always embarrassing you right?"
"Yeah, I have two younger siblings and they made it there life mission to embarrass me"
I laughed and excused myself to get a drink, I couldn't believe Ashley. Like Chris Evans was ever going to be interested in me, I mean I look like your average girl, long brown hair, brown eyes, I was curvy. Big boobs and a big ass. But I was frumpy. Not exactly the super models he dates.
I just had to keep her away from him somehow. Before she embarrassed me any further.