1 year later

It's been a whole year since I made the decision to move to Boston. I went back home for a little while to sell the house and sort my job out. The hospital was so nice and luckily there was a spot open at Boston Childrens hospital and I have loved every minute of working here. The kids are amazing and it feels good to be helping people again.
I moved into a small apartment when I got here. It was nothing special, but last month chris asked me to move in with him again so I said yes and it's been going great. We are happy, we are together and we are stronger then ever.
I've been doing really well, it was Ashley's 1 year anniversary of her death a few months ago and it was a sad day but we decided to celebrate her just like she asked us too. We had a few people over from the cast and we drank and ate her favourite food and talked about her. It was nice.
I haven't heard anything from my mother since Ashley's funeral which is okay with me. She was a negative part of my life that I just don't need or want.
Chris and I are going out tonight to celebrate 1 whole year together, he is determined to take me somewhere fancy. So I've bought a pretty dress and some new shoes and I've been to the salon and got my nails done and hair done. I hope he is going to like it.
I put the finish touches to my outfit and make my way to the living room.
"Hey handsome"
He looks up and his mouth drops, he is staring at me "chris?"
"Sorry......wow......you look incredible"
"Thank you"
My dress is black, it a short dress, not too short, it shows off my boobs and ass fantastically and has a small thigh split.
"Your looking pretty hot yourself" I walk over to him and place my hands on his chest, I lean up and give him a kiss.
"Mmmm don't start something we can't finish baby. We have reservations"
"Okay" I walk past him and make sure to sway my hips just that little extra
"That's not fair"
I laugh and walk out the door, he opens the car door for me and we head on out to the restaurant.

When we pull up outside the restaurant it doesn't look very busy at all, the building is beautiful.
"You sure this is right place babe, it looks closed?"
"It's the right place trust me"
He grabs my hand and we walk in. I see 1 table in the middle of the room, a candle and rose petals making a path to the table. A waiter comes over and hands me a bouquet of beautiful roses.
"Chris! Wow! This is incredible"
"You deserve the world baby"
I leaned over and kissed him.
We sat down and looked at the menu, the food sounded so delicious. I ordered and the waiter told us everything would be ready momentarily.
Chris took my hand and picked his glass up
"I want to propose a toast, to you. This year has been the best year of my life. You are my everything Lauren and I couldn't love you more if I tried. Thank you for being you and for coming to Boston. I love you so much"
"I love you too baby. Thank you for supporting me and helping me through everything. I couldn't have done it without you."
He kisses my hand and smiles at me. The waiter brings out of food breaking our eye contact.
We eat and the food is incredible, I'm so full I couldn't eat another thing.
"Wow! Chris seriously tonight has been amazing. Thank you"
"It's not over yet baby"
I look at him and quirk my eyebrow, he laughs "all good things babe"
I laugh, we finish are drinks and head on back to the car. He puts a blind fold on me and drives.
"Where are we going?"
"You know I put the blind fold on for a reason"
I giggle "I know but I'm impatient"
"I know baby"
I feel the car stop and he gets out and helps me out, we walk for a while. He stops me and tells me take my shoes off, I then feel soft sand under my feet.
"Well we are at the beach"
"I wondering what gave that away" I giggle "alright smart ass"
He takes the blind fold off and laid out in front of us is a blanket. It has a bottle of champagne and some glasses laid out. I turn around and go to say something but stop at the sight in front of me. Chris is down on one knee, a small box in his hand "Lauren, I met you over a year ago, all thanks to your incredible sister. I loved you from the moment I laid eyes on you. Your love for Ashley and for everyone was truly inspirational. It wasn't hard to fall in love with you. You have been through so much and you have come out on the other side, you are an amazing strong beautiful woman and I'm so in love with you. So will you please do me the honour of becoming my wife? Will you marry me?"
I'm crying so much, I don't know if I can even form words but I take a deep breathe and smile "yes chris.....of course I will"
He places the ring on my finger and gets up, he kisses me and spins me around. I'm giggling. "Did that really just happen?"
"Yeah baby it did. Your mine officially forever"
"I wouldn't want it any other way"
He kisses me again and we just hold each other. I'm so happy. I didn't think I could be again. But here I am. He is an amazing man and he is going to be by husband. I can't believe it.