What am i going to do?

Over the next few days Ashley got worse, she was sleeping more, not really eating and barley spoke. I was sat by her side the entire time. I found out that Downey had organised for my mother and some friends to come here and spend time with Ashley. They were arriving today and I was nervous.
I'm just sorting out Ashley's pillows to make her more comfortable when Chris comes in.
"Hey, your mum and everyone are here"
I gulped and sighed and walked towards the door. Before I could walk out Chris grabbed my hand and squeezed it tight.
"I'm here okay"
I smiled and nodded at him. I walked into the kitchen and dotty came over to me and hugged me tight. There was also Ashley best friend and her mother.
Then there was my mother she stood away from me "hello mum"
"Where is Ashley?"
"She is in there, she's sleeping at the moment"
She walked past me and went into the room closing the door behind her. I walked out into the garden and sat on the decking. I looked up at the stars and saw how bright they were tonight.
"Can I join you?"
"Of course" Chris came and sat next to me.
"How you doing?"
"I'm okay. Just trying to stay out of my mums way. It's the best option for everyone."
He put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me into a side hug. Every hug he has given me has made me feel safe. He kisses the top of my head and I look up at him.
"Thank you"
"For what?"
"For being here. You've known us for a few weeks and your always here for me and ash"
"Well I kind of like you. A little bit"
I giggle "I kind of like you too"
He smiles down at me and cups my cheek, he leans in and presses his soft lips against mine. For the first time in a while I smile against his lips. He is such an amazing guy and I really have loved getting to know him.
We break apart and go back to hugging, I knew I could get through this with the help of Chris.

1 month later

Ashley was still holding on, she was weak, really weak and couldn't eat solid foods or move out of her bed but she was still here. My mother was also here, she decided to stay as the doctors have said Ashley can now not travel.
The cast have only a few days left until they have to leave and I don't know what I'm going to do. Downey said we can keep the house for as long as needed but I've been so used to having them around I don't know if I'm going to be ok without them. Especially Chris, we've become really close and he is my security blanket. I don't know what's going to happen.
I'm sat with Ashley and my mum and we are just talking about everything. My mum is actually treating me okay, there has been no arguments and we've been getting along.
"Lauren, how's things with Chris?" Ashley voice is barley a whisper anymore. She just doesn't have the energy.
"There okay, he is an amazing guy"
She smiles at me, I look at my mum and she rolls her eyes, I'm not going to ask why.
After an hour or two Ashley falls asleep again so I make my way to the kitchen and start making something to eat, my mum comes in after me
"Do you want something?"
"How could you?"
"How could I what?"
"How could you even think about finding a man when your sister is dying?"
"What are you talking about?"
"Chris? You bought your sister all the way here just so you could meet him didn't you. You didn't care about her or her health"
"What? Ashley asked to come here. It was her wish. It had nothing to do with me"
"Your selfish do you know that! You bring your sister all the way here away from her family and her doctors. She is dying in a strange place all because of you"
"No mum she is dying because she has cancer, it's doesn't matter where she is"
Just as we are arguing the front door opens and the cast walk in.
"Your a bitch! Your a selfish bitch! This is all your fault! I wish i had never had you! You were a huge mistake and I hate you" with that my mum stormed out and I held back my tears long enough to walk out in the garden. The cast just watched, they didn't know what to say.
I sat outside on the garden chair and wrapped my self in a blanket. I cried. My mum has always been mean but she had never said that to be before. Was I selfish? Bringing Ashley out here. Maybe if she was at home she might not be this bad.
I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked up to Chris. "Hey"
I couldn't speak, the tears were so thick in my throat. He sat on the edge of the chair and pulled me into him.
"She is just...."
"No Chris! She hates me! She always has"
I cry to him, harder then I have in a while.
Ashley is dying and my mum hates me. I have no one. I'm going to be all alone in this world and I don't know if I can cope with that.