Chapter 12

Short chapter. Again, sorry! Holidays are here and I've been with my family. I'm gonna see my sister soon and I'm so excited. :-) Also, stuff starts getting a bit real/ heated here. Love you guys! -Rae

- Late May, 2045 (12 months ago) -

Jamie quietly stared at Daija as she inflated some balloons and hummed a small tune to herself.

He wasn't able to sleep at all last night. All he could think about was Simon's hands on her body and the noise she made when he kissed her.

The right thing to do would be to tell Aniya and let her know that Daija is screwing her enemy, but he couldn't. He needed to get to the bottom of this himself, and maybe see if he could use any of it to his advantage. He was mad because she was getting involved with him and she could put him and the others in danger.

At least, that was what he was telling himself.

It was the day of Violet's celebration and the press conference, and the group was helping Daija set up and decorate the living room. Violet had also been glued to her phone lately, excitedly texting someone as she tried to contain her giggling.

"Hey, Jamie, can you pass me that bottle of blue glitter? I want to put some over here," Daija's voice snapped him out of his thoughts.

"This glitter?" He asked as he picked up the bottle, and when she nodded, he handed it to her. He couldn't help but think of what he saw on the footage at the mention of glitter.

According to the date on the footage, Base E was the first to go. Who knows how many times they've met up and how many times he fucking- He bit his tongue to distract his brain, and he directed his attention back to putting a colorful tablecloth on the table.

As he taped the cloth down, he did some deeper thinking. Simon's more than likely using her to get revenge on the other heroes, and she's falling for it. That's the only thing that makes sense.

Regardless, he needed to get Daija to talk to him about it, and quickly.

Playing some games would probably take my mind off of it. I honestly shouldn't be this mad anyway.

But he was, and it wasn't for the reason he was supposed to be mad.

Simon more than likely doesn't even know what he's doing. Wouldn't be surprised if Daija's disappointed. The small thought made him chuckle quietly to himself.

"What's funny?" Devin asked from behind him, and he almost jumped in surprise.

"Oh, something I thought about. Sorry."

Later on, Daija turned towards him and asked, "Hey, can you come help me with something really quick?"

"Yeah, no problem," he said, and he followed her down the hallway of the apartment. Maybe you can be honest with me? So far, we've been mostly honest with each other.

She led him to her bedroom, and he didn't stop himself from looking around. It was nicely organized and themed with multiple shades of blue and purple. When she shut the door, it was just the two of them.

"Alright," she started quietly. "Did you do the math?"

Oh, that. It didn't take him long to figure out how they were going to discreetly check out the new facility after the press conference.

"Mhm. The pizza place is ten minutes from the new facility. It takes them about thirty minutes for them to cook it. Press conference is over at five, so that's when we leave here and place the order. We go to the facility for no more than twenty minutes, leave there, pick up the pizza, and if we do everything right, we're gone for no longer than forty-five minutes. Got it?"