Chapter 14

For reference, this is COGW chapters 28-beginning of 30. I'll start putting that in the timestamps that go into the past to help you guys. Also, there's some scenes that weren't written in the first book!

Um, a tiny bit of spice warning, I guess? Also, be prepared for some intrusive thoughts, some obsession, and a bit of second-hand embarrassment going forward. Lol.

Sorry I haven't been updating lately. <3 Love you guys. -Rae

Early June, 2045 (Eleven months ago)

The TV in his bedroom made a loud noise, and it shook him from his nap. Jamie sat up in his bed and shook away the remnants of his dream.

His incredibly filthy dream that he'd love to make a reality.

After going to his bathroom and swishing some mouthwash, he went to his living room to sit at his desk. It was a mess of theories, formulas, predictions, and messy thoughts he only organized via post-it notes.

He had major three problems in life, and they all involved Daija. The first was that over the weekend, Fiona revealed that she was powerful to the public during the press conference, and they're now expecting her arrival. The second was that she and Simon had something going on.

The third problem was that he had a problem with the two of them having something going on. As much as he hated to admit it, he couldn't stop that miniature rush of rage that went through him at the mere idea of Simon doing everything that he wanted to do.

He needed to put an end to it, and soon.

One thing at a time, he thought as he scribbled a few more notes. More formulas, more theories, more predictions, more messy thoughts.

Soon, his phone rang, and he smiled when he saw Daija's name pop up on the screen. Typically, he rolled his eyes whenever the heroes called, but he enjoyed when she called. He liked when she came to him with questions, or just wanted to talk.

He liked being the first person she reached out to when she was upset.

This conversation was different from their usual ones. She asked about how each of them got their powers -- a question he had been dying to find the answer to for years. Then she questioned why she was more special, according to Aniya's words.

Being careful, he revealed that it also didn't make sense to him. He'd been wondering why Ian, Simon and Daija had more destructive abilities. It tied into one of his many theories. Then, he told her that some of the heroes' bases might have some information.

Then he waited -- and hoped -- that she would come clean about her travelling to the bases.

She admitted that she wanted to see if there was more information, because of how her life was turned upside-down. Jamie wanted more information, simply because he needed to know what the hell Aniya was so secretive about. Also, he thought that maybe if they were in person and working on this closely together, Daija would open up and tell him the truth.

He proposed a plan to go with her and start with Base B, and she agreed. When he got off the phone, he sighed and moved some things around in his schedule for the evening, minimizing his errands and getting ready for nine o'clock.

Then, he packed a bag to travel to the swamp that concealed Base B.

-----

"Hey, I'm outside," Jamie said over the phone as he rested in the drivers' seat of his car.

"You got here early. Violet left not too long ago. Come upstairs," Daija said, and he heard her moving around her apartment. "I should be done in fifteen more minutes. No point in you waiting out there."