An Unexpected Occurrence

You were breathing heavily when suddenly you felt a hand touch your shoulder. "You must be the new worker!" Said a cheerful voice from behind. You calmed down and focused on your breathing before turning around. An animatronic?  You thought to yourself. So that's what the other two posters were.. You were too shocked to say anything, so when you tried speaking all that came out was a squeak. Whatever was standing in front of you was around 6 feet tall, it had unusually long legs, and a sun for a head.

    "So this is what I was afraid of?" You mumbled to yourself. You broke out into laughter as the sun animatronic stared at you with a puzzled expression. You started laughing out louder and struggled to speak. "So this is what I was afraid of!" You yelled. The sun animatronic gave a slightly offended look. "That's not very nice!" It spoke.

     "Sorry.." You said, finally calming down. As you heard the door opening, the sun animatronic ran away. It was...Vanessa? "Y/N! What are you doing just standing here? I was alerted a child named Gregory snuck in!" She yelled. "But Vanessa, I haven't seen a child come in here since the Pizzaplex closed!" You snapped. She shot you a nasty look, you couldn't argue with her, after all, she was a higher rank than you. As she left the room, you turned over to the sun animatronic.

     "Did you see a kid come in here by any chance?" You spoke quietly. It gave a small, guilty expression but stood quiet. "Okay, yes! I did let the kid in, I was just excited to meet a new friend!" It spoke. You felt guilty so you decided to tone it down. "It's okay, uh.. I just need to know where that kid is and we can have a sleepover, alright?" You said in a reassuring voice. It looked over at you and smiled. "Of course!" He skipped away and you let out a sigh, wondering why you made the promise.

     You looked around the daycare for the kid named Gregory. While searching, you heard footsteps approaching quickly. Before you could turn around, you heard the sun animatronic's voice. "Y/N, Y/N! I found Gregory!" It said excitedly. It was carrying Gregory, a small boy with brown hair and a bandage on his face. "So you must be Gregory." You said, grabbing him from Sun. "I'm sure Vanessa would love to know about this.. I'll be back, Sunny!" You said, giving the animatronic a nickname for now.

     You walked over to Vanessa's office and knocked on the doors. They quickly slid open and there was Vanessa, standing on the opposite side. "You found him?" She said, surprised. "Yeah, I did." Y/N spat back. You walked back to the daycare and saw the animatronic standing there with an excited expression. "We're going to have a sleepover now! You promised!" The animatronic squeaked. "Ooh.. right.." You said. I guess I have to deal with this one now. "Right.. about tha-"

     Before you could finish your sentence, it grabbed you by the hand and ran to the dining tables. "We should eat pizza! All slumber parties need snaackss!! There's only one rule, keep the lights on.. ON.. on.." It said, its voice deepened in its last sentence. You shivered and quickly nodded. Why the sudden voice change? Is it mad?  You thought to yourself. You ignored it as it rushed over with pizza. "Eaatt up! You don't want to fall asleep too quickly!" It said with a large smile on his face.

     As the time passed, you were having more fun than you expected. Maybe the sleepover wasn't so bad. You yawned, crawling into the play set and reached for the generator. While reaching for it, you heard the animatronic yell something. But before you could make out what it said, you already pressed the generator button.