Chapter 04

In the bad times I fear company, I hate the company and I prefer being isolated. If I got the company then they will watch me dive in and never meet the ground, the small part of my blood-pumping heart screams over my decision of walking into death whereas the major part screams to notify my small coward part that it's being paranoid.

About having company on the plane, due to flying so high above almost 30000 feet from the ground and air pressure, my eyes get teary during landing. I feel proud that I'm doing something my parents never got to do that I'm passing over the phase that they never passed through.

As soon as my eyes saw black hair and yellow shades on those big playful eyes, I sunk in my seat keeping the magazine on my head. I resist recognition. Soon the magazine flew over from my head for some seconds and came down with a full force to smack me on the head. "Fuck you", I say narrowing my eyes. "Of course, it's you and only you who would read the magazine from this much close up to avoid hot company like me", Zain says in his arrogant tone and sat beside me keeping his bag and suitcase near my leg.

"Don't tell me that we are flying in the same plane", I ask kicking his bag towards his seat.

"We certainly are", he says with a grin.

"Don't give me reasons to kill you", I say in annoyance.

"I'm doing a favor by accompanying you. You won't be lonely", he snorted when he realized that I was not interested in earning any company.

All I asked was a vacation in a place where everyone would be a stranger and I'd stay in my room in my undergarments getting drunk with music in the background. If the world was ending I'd stay stranded in the room alone without expecting anyone to come over. Loneliness is such a great feeling I've experienced after A.J died that it became home, I swear loneliness became a part of me and I like it.

"I don't prefer company. Now tell me the real reason you are here for", I ask him getting comfortable in my seat.

"Mariah insisted", he says rolling his eyes. This whole, 'Zean is a lonely person, let's help her', thing of Mariah really annoys me.

"And what did she offer?", I ask.

"Nothing", he says and I narrow my eyes at him.

"I wanted a nice little vacation too and Arbmtys was on my list and I heard you were going so I thought that you would make an extraordinary company", he says emphasizing you. I sighed and my eyes traveled straight to the entrance from where that R guy was entering.

I pulled my hood over my eyes and zipped up till the end so that my face was covered. I do not intend on doing unnecessary chit-chat. Folding my arms over my chest, I sunk in my seat waiting for the announcement of boarding. I should've arrived five minutes ago but that impatient part of me suggested for my ass to start moving before 10 minutes and henceforth I'm stuck here among the strangers I know.

This plane I'm boarding follows a special pattern. It allows a maximum of 15 Indian passengers, gives more reasons to be suspicious. If anyone searches on Google about Arbmtys, one will find 1 negative review among 99 positive reviews making the island the place of highest demands in vacations. Arbmtys allotted the maximum number of seats to the tourists from a particular country. For India, it's 15. We will soon be in a diverse plane with humans from all over Asia and the island will be holding a spectrum from all continents.

"Good morning passengers. This is the pre-boarding announcement for flight 30B to Arbmtys. We are now inviting those passengers with small children, and any passengers requiring special assistance, to begin boarding at this time. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. Regular boarding will begin in approximately ten minutes time. Thank you", the announcement was made making it clear that I've to avoid gathering any attention for the next ten more minutes.