Chapter 06

I realized that I’m deceased. Well, it’s the verity, I died at 14 maybe I'll be stifled at 75. I still am mulling over my decision of landing here after receiving the alarms. I do not regret, yet.

In understanding the whole situation, my liquor kicked in and I laughed at my fucked up doom. I understood the pattern, at 7 I lost my parents, at 14 it was A.J now at 21 it’s my turn. I laughed that it’s all on me, I laughed because Kureshi warned me, I laughed because it was my birthday gift, I laughed because I keep on wondering if there would be anyone out there crying over my death, I laugh because I find everything funny and I laugh because I can’t cry, I’ve forgotten how to shed tears after I spent years coating my heart with a diamond.

I kept on laughing for a good amount of time that it indicated to the Americans that I’m over drunk. Zain, Zed, and Riyan were confused that I was laughing at our fake death. I felt reasonable, laughing after a long time and this was the best prudent joke that I’ve heard in a long time.

I think I should blurt out about the mystery, the still ongoing mystery of Arbmtys to these Americans so they can prepare themselves for the unknown and imaginable danger that’s approaching us. But what am I even warning them for?

“We walked into death”, I say laughing and gulping down a good amount of beer in my system.

I raised the bottle in the air and stood up. “To the doom”, I toasted and gulped down the whole bottle. I walked over to the table where fruits and snacks were set decently and picked up a packet of Doritos. Maybe I should pack these snacks too in case I’ve to survive in greens because of a looming unknown threat.

I opened the pack of Doritos and it made a loud noise and some edible items from the packet jumped their way out from the packet for freedom landing on the ground shattering themselves apart. This proves that freedom costs destruction.

“I think she’s drunk”, Riyan remarked.

“I’m not”, I argue.

To get me on level one of being high, four bottles will do. This level one includes dizziness and some memory loss. This is the only level I’ve ever reached to. I’m in my senses, I had two bottles implies that I’m completely sober. To prove my argument of not being drunk, I went to grills and I know that I’m not drunk so I walked straight in a line, I picked up a knife from the table and aimed for the apple at the snacks table. I threw the knife at the apple and it resulted in the great Excalibur being stuck in the forbidden apple. Hence proved, I’m sober.

“Anyone want to test my argument again by keeping the apple between their thighs?”, I ask and they shook, their head in refusal in unison.

“It’s time. We should retreat to our rooms”, Zed suggests. 

Indian guys agreed, American guys decided to have a pool party and I was uninterested in both available options. Zain, when he was passing by me to go to his room, pulled me along with him by nearly choking me. Zed suggested that we should try to stay vigilant in case anything happens and he promised that if something happens, he will notify us. Zain was not willing to return to that bloody room and stay a night so he forcefully made his room in my room. Zed suggested that staying in pair is a good option so I did not argue with Zain committing theft of my room.

He made himself comfortable on my bed leaving me to stand and watch him. I was arguing with myself whether to push him on the floor or kick him to the floor. I think kicking is a better option. I went near the bed, Zain was still busy going through my bag so he didn’t notice when I raised my right foot and kicked him on the floor.

He cursed and kept on mumbling. Completely ignoring him, I let my back touch the soft mattress and zipped up the bag that he was going through.

“You do not resemble Mariah just by looks but by behavior too”, he hisses and jumped back on the bed beside me.