Chapter 16

Upon Wakumi's confession, everyone was stunned and were contemplating her stupidness and it was only I, who found her reasonable. It’s rational for her to not act upon her only life's string and stay back. She made her home in these words among the killers. She learned the ways of killers and accommodated and settled herself remaining very close yet far away from the danger.

“Why though? If no one’s waiting that doesn’t mean you never return. You return because you want to enjoy the luxuries, you return because you missed basking in the sunlight and you return because you are in desperation of the guarantee of fitting to safe”, Kelly put forward her opinion and confession which did not affect Wakumi. She was settled on her thoughts of making Heather her home till death do her apart from her beloved Arbmtys.

“Her parents died here and she was left alone. She’s here because she wants to be at the place where her parents still reside, let them be humanoids”, Ayan explained the reason for Wakumi's stubbornness. The ways of one's showing their adoration and grief can be harmful yet beautiful. It’s her care, grief, gratitude, cowardly nature (maybe), and rationality that’s making her stay here.

Pondering on acts of Wakumi, our situation is similar. I do love my parents but I have got the wits to understand that if they remain here then they aren’t the ones they used to be. They are long gone and now all that remains of them is a robot.

Taking a glance at Silver I noticed that her enthusiasm faded. The situation made her the same as Wakumi in consideration of being an orphan. She somewhat guessed upon the situation and is hoping for the best for her mom yet she’s scared of the horrifying truth.

Keeping as quiet as I could, I made my way to Silver and sat beside her. “I love the room”, I whisper in her ear and she smiled gently agreeing with me. I patted her back and smiled back at her for the assurance that it will be fine. I had no one to rest assure me of the prospects which were most likely for me to be poor and alone, yet I sprung back strongly, poor and alone yet relieved to be alive. I ain’t planning on letting Silver go through the same, alone.

I settled upon letting Wakumi be settled on her stubbornness and understanding the delicacy of the subject, I changed the topic to the facility.

“It's not as difficult and risking as you all think it to be. We have the surveillance of facility hacked thanks to Wakumi's dad and I'll lead the way following Wakumi's instructions so we will be fine”, Ayan rest assured us. Wakumi's dad is no longer a caring, emotional person now, according to my guess, he’s a robot too.

Thinking that he’s capable enough to lead us to the facility and steal the food supplies from there, I lay my full confidence in Ayan, and besides, I was too exhausted to listen to anything further.

Keit persuaded Ayan into educating his scheme prior to executing it the next day and everyone agreed as it was the matter of their only lifeline. Astonished as I was on learning upon the enthusiasm and participation of everyone, I was all ears to Ayan though I was exhausted to listen to more, I still did.

Blueprint of Arbmtys was laid on the hard timber of once stood proud Tamarind, which now is serving as a table by cutting out its trunk and laying out in open showing its age by the annual rings. Wakumi made good use of the timber as a table by cutting it out into an oval.

“This cave follows the exact path to the facility but in the middle, it is separated by the waters of the Norwegian Bay and creates a deep reservoir which according to Wakumi is not safe to follow because it whirlpools its way into the Atlantic at its convenient time. The more safe way is here”, said he pointing at the waterfalls on the blueprint, “We ought to make our way by scuba diving into the tunnels of geyser which has a moderate temperature and no whirlpools. This will lead straight to the separated part of this cave covered with the same ethnicity as this one and after walking a quarter of a mile, the entrance of the facility will be bestowed for our visions. It is more like a huge safe lock that works on passwords and as it works on the safety, there ain’t no guard placed there and it’s the straight way to the storage of sustenance. It would be easy to carry the food out and keep it safe in the suitcases which will help it to remain dry from all the water. What lies behind the main door of the sustenance room, we never knew and never intended to know, we see that area on the screen and we contend. So it’s simple and if any trouble is witnessed, Wakumi will inform prior to our actions”, Ayan explained in the most gentle and simple way possible and by his way of describing this seemed so easy with almost no risk and everyone got the confidence in their only lifeline being safe.