Chapter 12

People on Earth taught me an expensive lesson of not valuing the free things, look at what they did to the precious Earth. This lesson proved to be expensive because not valuing free nature is affecting all of us, including me, indirectly. Because not valuing free things started slowly affecting the universal abode, I decided to not follow this expensive lesson further but unfortunately, I’m not the only one living on this Earth that if I stop following something, all the destruction stops. My point is, these humans who agreed to join us in this survival are the same, most are the same. They got free food from us and they are not respecting firstly the free food and secondly us, the ones who gave them the food, well it was Xavier but never mind, they should be appreciating us not screaming at us.

First of all, they suck, and second of all, I shot the Russian woman with a tranquilizer dart to make that hostage kid stop crying. I did a good thing for free and the prize I got was suspicious and scary looks from others, even the parent of that hostage kid pulled their kid away from me and hid him behind their back.

Zain showed them the dart and they had the relief that no murder took place in their hideout then the companion of that Russian woman had to step up and start turning everyone against me. She got them into believing that I might kill them for my own selfish reasons. I swear the convincing power these women hold is worth saluting, even I believed that I might kill someone in their sleep if I’ve to.

Xavier stepped up in my defense like I needed one and he explained to them that it was a harmless tranquilizer dart that I shot to save the kid and still they suspect me to kill them in their sleep.

“She herself said that she won’t hesitate to kill anyone if it keeps her safe. She can’t stay with us”, the Russian woman says eyeing me suspiciously.

She’s right, I might let someone die and not help them and run away if that’s the thing that ensures my safety. There’s a difference, I won’t use anyone as my shield to protect myself from the bullet, but if they get shot in saving their asses then I won’t stop to help them too. We must survive in our own bubble, that’s my point.

“They shot me too when I went to fetch water”, the dad of that hostage kid slash the man whom Zain and I shot near the waterfall spoke up to add fuel to the fire.

“I bet she’s hiding weapons and food in her bag”, that Russian woman said with confidence.

Normal innocent people would open up their bag and show them all the supplies inside to prove their integrity but I ain’t one of them. I’m having weapons and food and I ain’t proving anything. If I wouldn’t be having anything then also, I wouldn’t have opened up my bag to prove anything.

“Show us your bag if I’m wrong”, she asks with a half-smirk. Oh, she’s a villain!

“I’ve weapons, food, and liquor in my bag and I ain’t giving anyone any of it, if you want the bullet then piss me off”, I say and make my way to the rifle that was lying on the ground.

The nerves of my brain clenched tightly that its effect reached down to my lip and my mouth parted slightly in shock that Kelly stepped back instantly in fear when I bent down to pick up the lying rifle. What I don’t understand is why they think that I would kill them? I thought Kelly was among the minority, guess I was wrong.

My inner self feels uncomfortable to continue living with them in this hideout. If they fear me and think I'm the one they should be scared of then let them think that, I won’t waste my time in proving my point. We’ve got the map, we can find another hideout.

Tossing the rifle to Zain, I asked him to follow me up out of the timber cave. “Xavier gave you the food which was meant for us three and I resisted this idea, nonetheless he did so you can thank him for this humanitarianism and I was thinking of myself and that’s how it’s supposed to go in survival”, I explain my personal opinion that I hold for survival to them. I won’t stay in a place where I’m not welcomed.