3 //

- two weeks later - 

The time had finally come, you were finally going to visit Texas. Without Weston and Kalynn around, you found it hard to function. While, yes, you were functioning, it just felt irregular without them. Although, you had been playing games and streaming with them almost every night there was still a Kalynn and Weston shaped hole missing in your heart. 

6:43 pm. 

Attention passengers on Flight 370 to Texas, boarding will commence in 10 minutes time. 

You were already sitting at your gate, having already checked your luggage in and collected boarding pass. 

Notification from Group Chat: Sinjin didn't drown

Weston: Can't wait until u get here Y/N!

Kalynn: Yeh, we're so ready >:)

Y/N: Uh oh that sounds menacing Kal..

Y/N: I board in 10 mins !

Kalynn: awesome see u soon 

I can't wait to see them. 

6:55 pm. 

You stand up and get in the line to board the plane. It slow moving but you get to the front in what seems like no time. You find your seat pretty quickly, thank god its a window seat. 

Strangers sit next to you, luckily respecting your personal space. You put your headphones on and just relax, listening to music. 

-time skip-

Attention passengers, we have begun our descent into Texas. 

Sweet. Nearly there. 

The plane lands on the runway very smoothly and all the passengers begin standing, ready to disembark the plane. You stay seated, letting all the panicking people get off the plane first. Eventually you gather all your luggage and head to the front of the plane. Walking out of the gate, you look around for Weston and Kalynn. Suddenly you spot them with a sign that reads: Y/N L/N is lame. 

You smile and run towards them. Weston drops the sign and sprints towards you, as does Kalynn. Weston nearly tackles you to the ground upon impact and engulfs you in a very tight hug. Kalynn joins in a few seconds after.

"I missed you guys" you say, muffled by the bodies of your two best friends. 

They release you and you see they have the biggest grins on their faces. You all go down to the luggage collection, before collecting your bag and heading to their car. When you got to the car, you saw a silhouette of someone in the car. 

Suddenly the door opens and reveals a very tired looking ConnorEatsPants.

You had become online friends with Connor through Weston and Kalynn, but you often played games together and became quite close as you had some very similar experiences. Up until this point you had never met him in person. 

You run towards him, and he just opens his arms, bracing for the impact. You squeeze him in a tight hug.

"Connor!" you almost yell

"It's good to finally meet you, Y/N." Connor says in a very tired yet happy voice.

You release him from the hug and take a step back and size him up. You turn back to Weston and Kalynn,

"Why didn't you guys tell me he was coming to pick me up??" you say

"Well we wanted it to be a surprise!" Weston replies with a cheeky grin. 

Starting to load stuff into the car, you catch up with the three of them, telling them about what you had been up to since they left, what the flight was like and other stuff. You sit in the back seat with Weston and Connor whilst Kalynn drives back to their house. 

"Hey Connor, Weston.. SMILE!" you quickly take a photo as Weston poses and Connor gives you a look. You laugh, looking at the photo you just took. 

Finally you arrive at their house. Dragging all your stuff into the house, before you seen any other parts of the house, Kalynn shows you up to the guest room, where you would be staying. It's nice, there's a PC setup, queen bed with plain white sheets and a wardrobe. 

11:20 pm. 

You thank Kalynn for showing you the room and start unpacking your stuff. Lying down on the bed, you think about how insane this day had been so far. I've already met Connor, am about to meet Hoover, just reunited with my best friends, what else could possibly happen today? 

Just as you got lost in thought, you hear a knock at your door. Hoover. 

"Hey Y/N, can I come in?" he asks.

"Yes Hoover, come in." you smile and get up from the bed. You walk over and give him a massive hug. Although you weren't as close to Hoover as the others, he was still a very good friend of yours. 

"Nice to meet you in person, Y/N" he says, releasing you. "Do you wanna come downstairs? We've ordered some takeaway" 

"Yeah, I'll come down in a few mins, just finishing up here" you say, smiling at him.

"Alright, see you soon" he leaves, closing the door behind him. 

Sitting on the bed again, you take a deep breathe. Realizing how hungry you are, you begin to make your way downstairs. Before you can reach the bottom of the stairs, you hear this boisterous New Yorker accent coming from the living room. Although you couldn't quite make out what he was saying, you could hear a slight passion to his words. 

You creep down the stairs, and peer your head around the corner at the bottom only to be revealed a very tall man with the most bizarre yet somewhat attractive facial hair you've ever seen. You observe his movements, large, exaggerated movement showing how engrossed he is in the story he is apparently telling. 

Kalynn sees you watching from the staircase,  and yells out to you. 

"Y/N! C'mere!" 

The lounge room directs their eyes to you, including the stranger. You quickly retract your head from the corner, not knowing how long you had been observing the mysterious man in the living room for. Embarrassed you'd been caught, your face heats up as you slowly come around the corner facing everyone. 

"Y/N, this is Schlatt! He's a good friend of ours!" Weston almost yells, "and Schlatt, this is Y/N, they've been Kalynn and I's best friend for almost our entire life" 

The New Yorker finally speaks,

"So you're the best friend they're constantly talking about. It's a pleasure to meet you Y/N" 

He gives a wide grin and offers a handshake, which you take. 

"It's lovely to meet you, Schlatt" you say, not breaking eye contact during the handshake. 

His eyes are almost magnetic, hard to look away from. His hand around yours is so gentle and soft yet firm and assertive at the same time. It takes Connor speaking up for you to finally disconnect your eyes from his.

"Schlatt and I used to live together" Connor says

"Oh cool!" you say, turning towards Connor before looking back into Schlatt's eyes, which were already looking into yours. 

Schlatt breaks eye contact again, turning towards the kitchen counter before grabbing some of the takeaway. 

"Well, I'm heading home." he states, "but it's been lovely to meet you Y/N, I hope to hangout with you all soon" 

He waves as everyone says their goodbyes and starts walking towards the door, not a care in the world. Everyone else continues in whatever conversation whilst you just watched the man walk down the hallway. He opened the door, and just before he slipped out, he looked back. His eyes guided to yours. He gave you a slight smile before turning around and shutting the door behind him.

Oh fuck.