7 //

You wake up, trying to recall what had occurred last night. You check your phone.

9:17am

Not too early, not too late. Going through the timeline of last night, you remember the note.

The note.

You quickly open the drawer where you had put it and re-read the note.

Why would he leave this?

You put it back into the drawer and think. Today was gonna be a big day, full of meeting new people and having fun.

Grabbing the laptop at the end of your bed, you open it up. You check your socials, starting with Twitter. You had a few notifications including a few mentions from fans aswell as a couple new followers.

jschlatt followed you.

Oh.

You quickly press onto his profile, following him back. You look at his tweets, alot of monkey balls, facetuned pictures (not that he needed it), and random tweets here and there.

25 people you followed were following Schlatt, you couldn't believe you hadn't come across him before.

You head over to YouTube and look at what seemed to be his main channel, jschlattLIVE. He made a great variety of different content, with some very interesting looking videos. You click on one of his videos from 2020, something about Wii Babysitting. Watching from start to finish was really a experience. To start, you had been met with a person you know, but a completely boisterous new-york character took over. It was enjoyable, but such a contrast to how Schlatt was around you and your friends.

Having a look at his other channels, you spotted something called 'theweeklyslap'. What is this?
The channel didn't have nearly as many views or subscribers.

Reguardless, you clicked on the most recent video. Watching through the video, it seemed like a QnA type channel, where viewers would ask questions of Schlatt, and he would respond in a more genuine way.

After you got to the second question, a viewer asked an interesting question that caught your attention.

A viewer asks: Dear Schlatt, this is probably a stupid question but do you believe in love at first sight? I feel like I have experienced it but I'm not really sure.

Thanks, a viewer.

Schlatt responds: Thank you for your question, viewer. Look, I don't really believe in love at first sight. The whole concept of it is based on looks, and nothing much else. Although looks are important in relationships, you can't be with someone only solely off their looks or else thats a very shallow relationship. You really need to get to know a person to know if you want to build a strong, healthy relationship.
For example boys, I met a someone a week ago or so and experienced what I thought was this 'love at first sight feeling'. I only met them very briefly so it was 100% based off looks. Now I guess I've just got to find out if they're as interesting to talk to as they are to look at. I'm probably seeing them at some point this week so I guess we will see how it goes. I'll be sure to keep you boys updated from time to time.

You could have sworn your heart stopped.

Is he talking about me?

It felt like your heart was radiating out of your chest, you almost felt dizzy.

You took some deep breathes, trying to control your increasingly rapid heartbeat aswell as the burning you felt up your neck and onto your cheeks and forehead.

Closing the laptop, you laid back down only to be met with clouding thoughts.

He couldn't be talking about me.

I barely know this guy, he barely knows me!

I need to calm down

After a little while, you're able to relax and clear the thoughts (for the most part) out of your mind.

I shouldn't have stalked him.

You continue thinking, before changing your thoughts to the party tonight. There was alot to set up, but you were grateful that both Connor and Schla-

Oh fuck. Schlatts coming to the party.

Maybe I should avoid him?

No, he didn't do anything wrong. You shouldn't have stalked the man...

Your racing thoughts are interrupted by a knock at the door. Kalynn walks in and sits on your bed.

"Morning Y/N! How was your sleep?" She asks

"It was good" you say, trying to avoid eye contact, thoughts still racing.

"What's up?" She asks, "you look like you've seen a ghost"

"Its nothing, really!" You smile.

She gives you a look.

"Is this about last night?" She asks.

You panic for a second. Had she seen you nearly fall asleep on Schlatt?

"because if Schlatt bothers you we don't have to invite him anymore. I saw you move away from him at some point last night, I swear to god if that fucking guy tries anything on yo-"

"What? No Kalynn! He's fine I just don't know him all that well.." you stutter.

"I did think it was weird that he sat next to you and not Connor last night.." Kalynn continued, "anyways, that's beside the point. You'll really like him once you talk to him Y/N, I promise." She smiles.

You smile back at her before quizzing her about the details of the party setup and the invite list. Turns out you're going to meet alot of big time streamers tonight. Fun.

Before too long Kalynn drags you downstairs and into her car. The two of you went on a mission to get beer for all the boys coming tonight.

Somehow you end up with 3 kegs and heaps of cases as well as some lighter, sweeter drinks for those who despise beer.

You get back just in time, the others had just arrived and were hanging out inside...

Here we go..