5 //

cw// alcohol, drunken antics

POV CHANGE

jschlatt POV

To say Schlatt was little tipsy may have been an understatement. He had had a few drinks before he showed up to Connor's party and three shots the instant he walked in the front door.

He was greeted by all his friends, who were streamers too, as he walked into the house.

Despite being a little drunk, he was still focussed on the one thing that had been rattling his mind for a while. That mysterious person he had met at Weston and Kalynns place.

The moment he set his eyes on them he couldn't stop thinking about them. They made his mind race and heart flutter, and he had only been in their presence for 2 minutes. How does a person have an effect like that on me?

He made his way through each room of the house looking for Y/N.

Earlier, Schlatt had rung Connor asking if they would be here.

"Look I don't know for sure, but they've definitely been invited. I made sure Hoover knew."

Schlatt had managed to check every room in the house without seeing them, so he started towards the backyard. He saw Kalynn and Hoover standing near a fireplace and made his way over to them.

"Heyy guys" Schlatt said, sounding much more drunk than he thought he was.

"Hey Schlatt, had a bit to drink already?" Kalynn welcomed, taking a sip from her generic red plastic cup.

"Yeahh maybe a little bit- hey anyways is your friend here? Y/N?" He asks

"Nah, they left" Hoover says, looking around.

"Ohh where did they go?" Schlatt asks, suddenly wishing he had got here earlier.

Kalynn laughs, "They flew home this morning!"

Schlatt realises that they were never going to come to this party in the first place.

"But they are gonna move in with us next week-" Kalynn starts

"-And we're gonna throw a massive party, bigger than this one!" Weston interrupts, approaching the group after being inside at the kitchen.

"You're more than welcome to come, Schlatt." Hoover finishes.

Schlatt remembers back to when he saw you peering out from the staircase for the first time, and how that made him feel.

"I'll be there for sureee" Schlatt drunkenly mutters, "would I be able to have their number by any chance?"

Kalynn gives him a questioning look.

"Y'know since they're moving in and I'm such good friends with you guys, I suppose it'll just be natural to be friends with the-" Schlatt justifies, not liking the look Kalynn was giving him.

"Omg, yes! What a good idea! I know you've only met them briefly but I promise they're great! You will love them!" Weston interrupts, again. Weston takes Schlatts phone and makes a new contact under the name "Y/N".

Once Schlatt has his phone back he quickly locks it and puts it back into his pocket.

Throughout the night, Kalynn continued to give him questioning looks, as if he had done something wrong. He ignored them, and just enjoyed the party, getting pretty drunk by the end of the night.

I can't wait until next week.