prologue

✵☼︎✵

✵☼︎✵

     —The start of a tragic tale.

     We all know the Mikaelsons. Mikael, Esther, Freya, Finn, Elijah, Klaus, Kol, Rebekah and Henrik.

     Let's take a look at one of the brothers. No, not the renowned who became a hybrid later on, nor the noble, the nefarious, or the dead.

     Finn Mikaelson. The man who loathed himself for who he was. The man who was blinded as a result of his mother's actions. The brother who was abandoned by his siblings. The loyal and devoted.

     He thought it would be difficult to find someone who would make him as happy as his older sister after she was snatched by none other than their aunt.

     But he was mistaken. After all, he did find someone. Someone exceptional who knew what he was going through.

     Of course, he had his siblings, but no one could fill the emptiness left by his sister. His siblings were merely stand-ins for him, and they couldn't even do that effectively. They weren't like her.

     He had someone in the old world. Someone to confide in, connect to, laugh with, be open with, and truly love. The only times he felt truly alive was with her. His everything.

     A female as innocent and sinless as a new born child. She was like an angel. Her hair was golden blonde, almost as bright as the sun, her eyes were blue like the sky above, her cheeks were rosy red, and her lips were peachy.

     She was someone who enjoyed conversing with him, staying with him, making jokes with him, and loving him.

     Oh, how they adored one another. He was her moon, and she was her sun. The Galatea to his Acis. They were a match made in heaven.

     But, like everything else he enjoyed, that too came to an end.

     Not all love tales, like theirs, have a happy conclusion.

     And we wound up with one that was dreadful—

✵☼︎✵