xiv: the unimaginable

•It was early in the morning after the full moon

•It was early in the morning after the full moon. The wolves had returned to their homes, and some of them were cleaning up the village.

Izel was with the Mikaelsons and Anya on that specific day.

She had a strange sensation. Like the previous ones, but worse. She was well aware that everything was about to change. The voices taunt her at night, telling her that if she'd simply listen and not be frightened, she could have prevented it. It was the cause of her inability to sleep that night.

She shoved her thoughts out of her head and followed Esther's instructions to Kol and Finn.

"Hello Izel, are you feeling a little under the weather today?" Kol stated it with a sly grin and tone. He'd watched her arrive at their home exhausted.

Izel sighed, but smiled anyway. "Yes. I hadn't had much sleep last night, regrettably," Finn got up and gently grasped her arm as she told them.

"And why is that?" Kol asked, his nose wrinkled up. He, too, did not get much sleep the night before, but he assumed it was due to the full moon.

"Do you want to tell our families today?" Finn murmured in Izel's ear, and Izel just shrugged. Izel's exhausted scowl transforms into a faint smile.

But before she could respond, she noticed Niklaus was distressed. He shouted and fell on his knees, begging for his mother.

The next thing Izel witnessed broke her heart.

She noticed Henrik, who was on the ground and being held by Klaus, was not breathing. She let out a loud gasp. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. At the very least, she thought things were going well. She had no idea things would get this far! This dreadful, terrible, and vital thing!

And before she knew it, she was being held captive by Finn, who likewise appeared to be on the verge of breaking, and Esther and the rest of the family emerged.

It should come as no surprise that the entire family was shocked, saddened, and angry. Shock because it all happened so quickly, despair because they'd lost their light, and rage because who would do such a thing to their lovely Henrik?

Esther ran to Klaus and Henrik, sobbing, and hugged him tightly.

Izel cast a glance at Finn and Kol. She had never experienced the pain of losing someone so close to her, and she couldn't comprehend how they felt. So she just clutched them tight and let them scream their hearts out, Kol more so than Finn, while Elijah comforted his sister, muttering softly, "Everything will be okay."

Esther pleaded with Anya, the witch, to return her son. Her light had to be restored in order to bring her youngest son back. Anya, on the other hand, rejected, claiming that it was no longer possible.

Mikael soon emerged, perplexed as to what was going on, and discovered his kid, dead in the arms of his wife, with his son's blood on Niklaus.

With a frightful expression on his face, he began walking towards Klaus. Izel was terrified for Klaus's sake. So she raised her hand and abruptly halted Mikael without even chanting a spell. He glared at her as if threatening her if she didn't let him go, but she refused. She told him as she stared him dead in the eyes, "No "

Everyone was staring at her until they shifted their gaze back to Henrik.

Izel stayed with them until they buried Henrik, much to the chagrin of Rebekah and Klaus. They claimed it was too soon to bury their brother, but Esther insisted that the sooner they did it, the better.

Finn instructed her to go home and tell her parents, but not before kissing her and wrapping her arms around his neck and his hands around her waist. A deep, passionate kiss that was tinged with sadness and grief as much as love. As they let go of each other, their eyes welled up with tears.

✵☼︎✵

A/n

So.... What'd ya think? You like?

I'm very bad at writing heavy emotions and took about 4 embarassing days writing this 🤭. It doesn't come easy to me, i don't relate to it much.

This is like 4 last chapter? Maybe 5 or 6 I'm not sure.

I actually thought of writing the Mikaelsons start of their vampirism but that would be too long and one of the main reasons is i don't know how 🤷🏽‍♀️ so I just plan on making Izel go away for a few weeks. It will be determined in the next chapter so...

If you've read this much by now, i just want you to know that I'm very very thankful for your views and votes. You do not know how much it means 3k reads means to me. I love you all, especially the regular readers and voters ( yes i know you <3) jk, so much. Thank you so so so much for reading and bearing with my grammar mistakes.

Much love from S.Z. ♡