xi: Niklaus

•Klaus stood there watching as Izel meticulously treated his wounds, a level of care he had never seen from anybody in his family

     •Klaus stood there watching as Izel meticulously treated his wounds, a level of care he had never seen from anybody in his family. He couldn't believe his cold and disagreeable brother had managed to steal the nicest of hearts.

     This woman in front of him, who was washing his wounds created by his father, a woman who was only slightly older than Elijah, a woman who was more mature and responsible than the majority of the women in the village, had her heart stolen by his brother. His obnoxious, judgmental, and irritating brother.

     It had been a minute since Izel had heard anything. "Can you tell me where you got these scars?" She questioned, her hands trailing down his arm, where scars could be seen. She nodded and continued cleaning him when he glanced down and didn't respond.

     "Do you believe Tatia would choose me?" Klaus determined after another period of stillness.

     Izel was taken aback and glanced at him with surprise. She had no expectation that he would ask such a question. She inhaled deeply. She was at a loss for words when he asked her a question. He had such optimistic eyes that she couldn't just say 'no.' Despite the fact that she thought he was ideal, she always preferred Elijah. She reasoned that it might be due to their age gap.

     Elijah was more dependable; he was always willing to help, he was a nobleman, and he was all you could want in a marriage. Perhaps this was why his parents were against Tatia. Because she was a widow with a child or maybe it was because they could see that she was stringing them along.

     Niklaus, on the other hand, was rash, and even with his father on his boots, he was always up for a fight. He was constantly ten steps ahead of his opponents, anticipating their next move. While Elijah stayed secure, he took tremendous risks.

     Izel knew she'd pick Elijah simply because he could always be counted on for guidance, but she also knew that saying so would frustrate Klaus. So she just said, with a shake of her head, "I'm not sure. I'm not Tatia Petrova, regrettably," as he took and hung the damp rag near where they were sitting.

     Klaus smiled and nodded. He'd always assumed that if it came down to it, Tatia would choose him. He was certain of it. However, it was possible that she would prefer his brother to him. He's the ideal brother, noble and helpful. He despised it.

     Izel laid her hand on top of his, sensing what he was thinking about. "However, if she chooses Elijah, she will be missing out on one of the most beautiful thing a girl can have," she explained.

     "Would you tell me what that is?" He enquired, his curiosity piqued.

     Izel chuckled and answered, "Well, your love, of course."

     When he heard her response, he gently bumped her arm and laughed with her.

     When they spotted Elijah in the distance, the excitement cooled down quickly. Klaus sighed and turned to face Izel, "Thank you for your assistance, Izel. I very much appreciate it."

     Izel remarked, "It doesn't matter. Mother did not teach me how to do it on the spur of the moment."

     As Elijah approached them, she had a big smile on her face.

     "Hello Izel," Elijah said pleasantly before turning to face Klaus. "Mother has requested that I fetch you. Shall we?"

     Klaus nodded, and the two of them parted ways, leaving Izel to ponder how she and Finn would inform their parents that they were ready to marry.

✵☼︎✵

A/n

Lil bit of Izel and Klaus bonding time!! Whoo

Also i made a new banner! You like?

I really should be studying. I haven't learned anything for tomorrow's exam and it's TWO subjects for crying out loud!

I fucking hate school.🙄

Just realised this story's almost over and i haven't come up with a ship name for Izel and Finn. Finzel? Izinn?

N e ways, how you like this story and please vote if you liked it and comment your thoughts, even bad ones are appreciated✋