vii: peak of the past

•When Finn arrived, Izel was already there

     •When Finn arrived, Izel was already there. She was searching around, trying to discover what was hidden in the darkness and what wasn't there. Unfortunately, all she saw was the world as Odin had portrayed it to her.

     Finn coughed to let her know he was behind her.

     She grinned at him as she turned around. Without saying anything, she took his hands and walked him to the lake.

     It was dimly lit and deafeningly quiet. The moon was the only thing that shone brightly in their eyes. Izel and Finn were both mesmerised by the moon's reflection on the tranquil and steady lake. They were still holding hands as they stood side by side.

     She let out a gentle sigh and rested her head on his chest. She felt as though the weight of the world had been lifted off her shoulders. She acted as though she didn't have anything to be concerned about with him.

     He took a long breath with his fingers on her waist. Next to her, he felt at ease. Unlike his family, she made him feel at ease. She was his pillar of support. He desired to spend every moment of his life with her and to live in the now. He wouldn't be happy without her, and he'd lose the one thing that made him human. Of course he could survive without her; he just didn't want to and didn't want to know.

     In simple words, she was his angel.

     "Do you recall the day we first met?" After a while, she murmured, her gaze darting about the room.

     As he relived the scene, Finn chuckled and replied, "Like it was late last night."

✵☼︎✵

     Izel, a 17-year-old girl, was strolling toward the Mikaelson property. Their mother, Esther Mikaelson, had invited her to come to their house and teach her everything she knew about magic.

     Esther noticed the young girl approaching her from afar and went to greet her. "It's wonderful that you came, Izel. Kol has arrived. He'll be practising with us as well," as she introduced her son, she remarked.

     Kol and Izel, introduced themselves pleasantly.

     "Those are his siblings," Esther said, pointing to the woodland where her other children were playing.

     When Izel looked at them, a boy attracted her attention right away. A year or two older than the others. He could be a few years her senior.

     When the kid first saw Izel, he thought she was stunning. He'd never seen somebody with such grace and beauty before.

     She approached Esther and said something to her, which drew both Esther and Kol's attention.

     He pretended not to notice them and hurled a few rocks at his brothers. He hurled a rock at Izel instead of one of his brothers who was sprinting towards his mother by accident.

     When a rock landed on the back of Izel's head, she was talking about Esther's children. She clenched her fists around the area where it had struck her and forced her eyes shut.

     "Do you think you're okay?" Before scolding her children, Esther asked her, "Stop! WHO WAS THAT?!" She shouted.

     They were all pointing at the boy, who had his mouth and eyes wide open. As if disputing their claim, he lifted his hands and shook them.

     "Finn! Come here!" Kol chuckled amusedly as Esther spoke in a harsh tone.

     Finn swiftly but nervously approached them and lowered his head. Finn finally looked up and saw her sparkling blue eyes, and said, "I'm very, extremely sorry," her eyes were breathtakingly beautiful.

     Izel gave him a direct stare. He had brown hair and eyes that matched the colour of the earth beneath him. His hands were like those of a warrior, and his disposition was like that of a man who had been disciplined by his mother.

     "It's perfectly alright. I'm Izel," she remarked, smiling softly, as she introduced herself. She couldn't be angry with him since he appeared sincere.

     He nodded and then shook his head. "Oh- I'm Finn," he said after realising he hadn't properly introduced himself.

     And everyone around them knew they'd be together for a long time. Maybe even till the end of time.

✵☼︎✵

     "I remember you tossing a rock at me," Izel hummed before laughing, "I pretended that everything was alright, although it hurt so much at the time."

     Finn was taken aback by what she had just disclosed. "I have already told you I did not mea— What do you mean you got hurt? Why didn't you speak up?!" He screamed almost inaudibly.

     As she spoke, Izel's laughter grew louder, "I was playing, of course. Don't worry about it with your pretty little head."

     He sighed and rolled his eyes. He knew it was time to leave, that their time together was coming to an end. "We should go back," he remarked, despite his displeasure with the situation.

     Izel's smile faded away, and she nodded. "However, I'm sure I'll see you eventually, right?" She questioned, optimistically.

     He could never say no to her, so he accepted, and the two parted ways, expecting to see each other again later.

✵☼︎✵

A/n

Hellor, he. It seems I'm going to start every author's note with the fact that I FUCKING NEED TO STUDY!!! I SHOULD. OMFG THIS IS WEEK IS THE LAST WEEK..... OMFG NO NO NO NO I BARELY KNOW ANYTHING. THE MOTIVATION TO STUDY AIN'T COMING IN!

Anyway, in another note, we're having a covid test tmr and hopefully we get good results

Also, you might be thinking "why is she suddenly uploading new storied every day. WTH?" But it's only because I really need to finish this story fast👍

As always, please do vote if you liked this chapter and comment your thoughts. If there's any mmistakes inform me so I can make corrections