xviii: meet me on the other side

•Finn went to Mystic Falls after nightfall to see  Izel

     •Finn went to Mystic Falls after nightfall to see  Izel. His mother constructed rings for them so they could walk into the sunshine like other humans, but he couldn't risk being noticed. He'll be put to death by being burned at the stake.

     Even though he was always in pain, whether it was because he couldn't feel normal emotions or because his father had brutally murdered him, his siblings, and mother, or because he had a switch of emotions, he was in pain and couldn't tolerate it, and his days with his siblings and without his mother were always difficult.

     The days without Izel were the most difficult. He couldn't stop thinking about her and wishing she was with him. He couldn't do that to her, though. Of course, he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her, but he didn't want to hurt her. But for Odin's sake he just needed to see her.

     So, while his brothers were seeking for somebody to feast on, he sneaked out that night. They were out of control, and as much as he despised admitting it, he knew he was out of control as well.

     He first went to his family's house when he arrived. There was nothing there, as predicted. There are no cheerful tiny children, no light magic, only darkness.It was just the same as they left it, only one thing different.

     He could smell her scent. Izel's.

     She was here.

     He looked around to catch her but he didn't see her.

     Then, all of a sudden, there was a massive earthquake. The entire village was struck by lightning, and a white glow encircled a section of the woods. Loud noises could be heard, which were amplified by his new vampire hearing. He could also hear others panicking and running around, as if the world was ending.

     He sped in that direction because he knew it was her doings. The direction of her. He needed to make sure she was okay and this was all just one of her silly spells. But he knew better. He wasn't naive.

     He arrived to see a man impaled by what appeared to be a pointed white stake. It was horrific but he had his attention on something else. He tried not to get distracted by the smell of blood.

     Izel, too. She seemed to be floating, as if she didn't understand what was going on. She was screaming. Thunder rumbled and lightning flashed more frequently now.

     "IZEL!" he yelled, and she appeared to return in some way. He had no idea how she had heard him amid all the commotion she had created.

     When she exhaled deeply, the earthquakes, lightning strikes, and thunderstorms all came to a standstill.

     Her own magic gradually lowered her to the ground. Fires broke out, and rain began to fall.

Finn rushed over to her and took her in his arms. He could detect the stench of blood. The intoxicatingly sweet smell of her blood. He fought the impulse to drink it and instead rubbed his hands through her hair.