ii: Mikaelsons

•Izel and her mother were strolling through the woods looking for herbs when a lady approached them, accompanied by a young man

     "Ginerva, Izel, isn't it a great day?" The lady inquired.

     Ginerva said, "It is, Esther. And how are you Kol?" She asked about the boy, looking at the boy who had a cheeky smile, rather mischievous.

     "I'm alright, thank you," he answered, looking at Izel while she looked around the village.

     Esther turned to Izel and said, "Why don't you come visit us today, Izel? I'm sure you'd be interested in learning more from my grimoire."

     "That would be fantastic," with a wide smile, Izel responded.

     Izel's parents were not witches like her. Her father, Eztli's mother, was a witch, but the role of the witch was given to his sister instead of him. His sister, however, died at the early age of ten and was not present when Izel was born owing to a sad circumstance. Izel's sister, too, was not a witch, leading to the belief that there was always one witch in the family.

     "Come on child, your father will be waiting for us," Ginerva remarked as she dragged her daughter away after saying goodbye to Esther and Kol.

     As they headed home, Kol remarked, "She's beautiful isn't she?"

     "She is," Esther said, adding, "And one of you boys would be fortunate to have her."

     Kol grinned as he gazed at his mother, "Finn fancies her. He's been smitten with her since she first came to visit us."

     Esther laughed at her son's remark. They were met by their family as they returned home.

✵☼︎✵

     Izel was on her way to the Mikaelson house later that day when Esther appeared.

     "I only have to go and get Henrik, Izel. Why don't you go ahead and wait?" Esther remarked as she walked away.

     From afar, Finn spotted Izel and dashed up to her, leaving his brothers behind. "Izel! What are you doing here, if you don't mind me asking?" He inquired, a little awkwardly.

     She gave a warm smile, "Your mother invited me here. She indicated I was welcome to look through her grimoire."

     "Izel!" said Rebekah as she approached her friend.

     "Bekah! How've you been?" She asked politely.

     "I've had better days," Rebekah remarked sarcastically, putting her hands on her hips and looking at her brothers coming their way.

     Klaus and Elijah had already made their way to their brother's side.

     "Oh Izel!" Klaus wiggled his brows as he playfully said in a teasing manner, staring at his brother Finn.

     She smiled and greeted, "Hello Niklaus, Elijah."

     "How's your father doing?" Elijah's unexpected question drew everyone's attention.

     Izel smiled softly at him, "Oh, he's already up and running. It's all good now."

     "That's excellent news," Elijah said. "He—"

     "Now, why don't you all go over there," Finn suggested, pointing to a location, "And with her, I'll wait for our mother."

     Elijah and Klaus exchanged a knowing look, while Rebekah looked between Finn and Izel before sprinting over to the location, followed by her brothers.

     "They talk too much," Finn muttered absently, waving his hand.

     "They're wonderful, I think," Izel said with a chuckle.

     "Izel Eztlidottir," said a voice from behind them. It sent chills down their spines, prompting them to turn around.

     "Mikael," she said, a phoney smile on her face. She was afraid of him. His words were sometimes very harsh.

     "Father," Finn said, his gaze falling to the ground. He too was afraid of his own father. Ever since he witnessed him beating Klaus, he was terrified he would do the same to him.

     "Where is your mother?" Mikael inquired of his kid.

     "She was just fetching Henrik," Finn eventually said, looking up at the man.

     The sound of Henrik's laughter, followed by a scolding tone, saved them.

     "I apologise for keeping you waiting," Esther said. "Are we ready to leave now?"

     As she followed her, Izel remarked, "Yes, and thank you for doing this."

     "Tell your father I'll be seeing him soon," Mikael said, coming to a halt.

     As the men watched her walk away, she simply responded, "I will."

✵☼︎✵

A/n

I'm gonna be honest. I'm having a major writer's block and i know I only started this book but like nothing is on my mind.

I mean I can't study and I have to give entrance like next month. I plan on starting studing from like next week cause I'm still on the holiday season and besides, we're at a family's house which has loads of kids running around and i didn't bring any books like that.

I'll try to write it as best and fastest I can.

PS. I know I'm making Esther like a good mom. But i don't particularly know how to write them bad. I mean i do but I figured she'd at least like her children before they were vampires.

Please vote if you liked this chapter and comment your opinions. If there are any mistakes you've spotted or something feels wrong, please comment them so I can make corrections <3