Part 5 | Your Highness

"That was quite impressive."

You halted in your tracks as the mellow voice reached your ears. You tuned slowly to see The God of Michief standing behind you, a smirk playing on his handsome features. You quickly bowed, realising you had been staring a little.

"Thank you your highness."

"What is your name competitor?"

"I am Lady Y/n l/n from the realm of Alfheim" you stated, noting the slight raise in his eyebrows.

"An elf. That explains your impressive fighting skills."

"Thank you your highness."

He paused for a moment, before asking "Are you here to protect or to court?"

You sighed, and repeated what you had told Sif.

His brows furrowed in confusion, before he clasped his hands nearly behind his back, his tall figure leaning forward slightly. "You do not seem content with this arrangement."

You gave him a small smile before saying "With all due respect my Prince, I do not wish to be in something as controlling as marriage. I wish to free to able to explore the lands at will without my husband holding me back."

"I see."

There was silence for a few seconds. "What if said husband was entirely ready to go on these adventures with you?"

"Then I would be more than happy to marry."

"Good luck for the next stages Lady y/n" he said with a small bow, before disappearing in a shimmer of green.

Leaning against a nearby tree, you hung your head in your hands. "Oh my goodness he is hot" you mumbled, shaking your head to rid the image of the tall God from your mind.

"Why thank you."

You gave a small shriek and looked you to see Prince Loki perched in the tree above you, a smirk playing at his lips.

"I thought you left!" you squeaked, manners temporarily forgotten. He chuckled and jumped down, landing gracefully in front of you.

"I was merely retreating to my favourite view point for tricks, I just happened to be in the vicinity of your words" He stated, his smirk growing as your blush deepened.

"I must get to dinner Your Highness" you said, bowing before practically running away, his laughter fading with each step.

——————————-

"You actually spoke to a Prince?!"

"And he heard you call him hot?!"

"SHUSH!"

You, Vidar and Sif were sitting together at dinner as you retold the story from earlier.

"I'm so embarrassed" you mumbled. Vidar laughed.

"I'm slightly offended that you don't think I'm hot" he teased, causing a dagger to bury itself in his shoulder. "Ow okay okay!"

Little did you know, The God of Mischief was watching from the royals table, grinning at the scene.