chapter-1

It was a rainy Monday morning in Seoul. Jisoo was leaning on the coffee table, with distant thoughts, with her long legs crossed, waiting for the coffee to be ready. Wearing a black tube dress and high heels, she was internally getting ready for another busy week at kim's Industries.

“So, what’s wrong with you today? Overthinking again?” Jennie asked before she sat on a chair in front her friend.

“No... Hm... Maybe, yes.” jisoo smoothed her long brown hair while she sat calmly. “I was thinking about my life. Nothing new.”

“Nothing new for sure!” Jennie mocked. “Oh, did I tell you the last news?”

“No, what is it?” jisoo got up and checked her clothes on the mirror.

“Our handsome boss said he won’t be attending the Opening of St. Park Hospital in busan because he has a lot of business to deal with here. How come? He is the guest of honor!” Jennie sounded shocked.

“Really? I didn’t know that. Did he tell you this?” jisoo was surprised.

“Not really. He was talking to soobin on Friday, in the office. I heard this part of the conversation before I left.”

“jen, this is gossip! Please! If Mr. Kim knows it, he would be furious!”

“Come on, jisoo! Do you think this is right? A lot of people are expecting him there!” Jennie sighed, looking at her friend. “Without him, that hospital would not be opening!”

Jisoo walked towards the coffee room’s exit, with Jennie by her side.

After a moment, Jennie continued:

“Don’t you think Mr. Kim is too cold? It looks like he doesn’t have a heart at all. During my 3 years working here, I’ve never seen him with a real smile on his face. Words like ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ don’t exist in his vocabulary. How can a person live like this?”

“Yes, I do think he is cold and he seems to be heartless. Rude and bossy as well.” jisoo simply said.

She looked through the window and added:

“Maybe he’s just a lonely person trying to hide his true self.”

“So he’s hiding himself very well until now.” Jennie pointed sarcastically.

“Ms. Kim!” Taehyung's driver, Hansoo, bumped into them in the hallway.

“Hi, Mr. Park! What’s wrong?” the brunette asked nervously.

“Mr. Kim wants to see you now.”

“Oh, ok. I’m on my way. Thank you” jisoo just glanced at Jennie before she left.

On her way to Taehyung's office room, she took deep breaths to start her day as good as possible.

“Good morning, Mr. Kim.” she said politely, trying to remain calm.

“Where were you?” he asked, with a strong voice. His imposing presence made jisoo shiver for a while. After one year working for him, she should be used to this, but the feeling was still the same.

He was standing near the glass window, watching the world outside. His hands were in the grey suit pockets, his black hair perfectly combed and a neatly clean shaved face. His height just reinforced how intimidating he was over people.

“I was at the Coffee Room, drinking some water.” she lied firmly.

“You should have a bottle of water on your desk.” he stated coldly.

Bossy, jisoo thought.

“Anyway, be available when I need you. That’s the reason why you work here.”