CHAPTER 52

The week had rushed by, and the search for Celia continued. Kai had his men looking all over, Draven Kornaris's organisation was no secret, as much as people hate rogues they had no issue in using them to get their dirty work done.
And as much as most people like to believe packs follow the laws and the natural order of things, some go corrupt, using their physical advantages to rob, manipulate and distort the local business's, they'd even go as far as to murder, it's crazy the lengths people go for money.
But Draven was worse than any corrupt Alpha, it was a known thing that he was missing a few screws in his head. And it wasn't the first time he'd accepted people as currency. The hardest part of the search was finding Draven himself, nobody knew his whereabouts, not even his own men, only the select few knew of his main operating base.

The only information they currently had on the man was that he was a sadistic thirty something year old who preys on the weak and hopeless. Exhibit A.
Alex.
Who was employed by Draven when he was only fifteen, but he came to his senses in time and left a year later.

Kai hadn't been seen for a while and in the efforts to be a supportive ex wife, Katerina had gone looking for him. After searching the building high and low, she finally spotted him in their old bedroom, which they'd both moved out of long ago.
"Kai? What are you doing in here?" She questioned as she strutted into the dimly lit room, her heels clicking intensely against the wooden floor breaking the peaceful lull.

He didn't reply. She plopped down onto the bed besides him. After a few minutes of complete silence he decided to speak, "I miss it" he croaked, he seemed tired, it was evident from the dark stains around his eyes. He had only just gotten Celia back and now she was gone again.
"Miss what?"
"Us" he was ridden with guilt, but that didn't stop him from speaking his mind, Katerina didn't reply because she really didn't understand, she hated when people were too cryptic.
"You were Luna, I was the Alpha. It was just so easy" he sighed massaging his forehead, he regretted every word that poured out of his mouth, he felt like it was a betrayal to Celia.

"Love isn't meant to be easy" she replied, disappointment laced her words, she continued "Love is everything and anything but the one thing it isn't is easy. What we had was good Kai, but you never loved me and only until now have I realised I didn't love you either" she said, fidgeting with the end of her dress, Alex's face appeared in her mind causing the ends of her mouth to twitch up.
"I just, can't take this anymore. It's too much. Every time I think things are going to get better it all just gets fucked up." The words barely left his mouth, tears brimmed his eyes.
"We'll find her. I promise" she smiled as she faced him, he was slightly surprised, it had been a long time since she's smiled at him like that...or smiled at all really.
None of them had noticed how close there faces had gotten to each other, "Kai-
"Please, just for a second. Let me go back to two years ago, when it was easy." He plead and she didn't stop him.
He pressed his lips against hers, intwining his hand in her golden hair. It was wrong and they both knew it, but it wasn't out of lust or passion, it was closure.
It was goodbye.