EPILOGUE

6years later

Celia tread through the snow, nearing closer towards the house she once called home...a place she hadn't seen in a long time.
Five months ago Draven was killed, she was surprised he even lasted this long considering what he gets himself involved in.
Though for the past six years he had failed to inform her that the potion wares off once he dies.
All her feelings for her real mate came rushing back to her like a tsunami the moment Draven's heart stopped.
She wonders how Kai's doing, or whether he's changed a lot, it has been 6years after all.
Finally the long trek was over and she stood in front of the large house, a smile formed on her face as she reminisced on her old memories.
Taking a deep breath she neared the front door, ready to face everyone...ready to see her love.
Before she got any closer her eye caught something. A bright light shone through a small window, she creeped towards it, peering inside.

Kai, Katerina, Alex, Lilliana and Frankie were all sat around the dining table together. They were laughing and chatting, they looked so happy.
An energetic little toddler was sat on Alex's lap as Katerina fed her, that was her nephew she thought, so him and Katerina worked out, nothing made her happier.
Lilliana was busy teasing Frankie over something, so things were the same in that regard.
And then their was Kai, her mate. He was sat at the end of the table, he seemed proud as he looked over his family.
Celia noticed an empty seat besides him, she felt a pang in her heart, that probably belongs to his partner. He must've drank the vile. What more did she expect? It was unrealistic to actually think he'd wait for so long, especially when he had such an easy escape from it all.

She stepped back, this was a mistake she thought.
Why did she think she could just come barging back into everyones lives like this.
They were perfectly fine, they were a family and they didn't need her drama again.
She thought she'd be jealous but she wasn't.
Alex was happy, Lilliana was happy and Kai...was happy.
And that's all she ever hoped for.
Wherever Celia went chaos followed, and she loved her family too much to do that to them.
She loved Kai with her whole being, which is why she wasn't going to let him know she was ever here.
She was going to let him live his life with his new love and his family.
She disturbed his life once 8years ago, and she wasn't about to do it again.

She leaned her back against the cold brick wall, reaching into the pocket of her puffy jacket, pulling out a vile identical to the one Kai had been given all those years ago.
"This is the only way you won't turn back" she mumbled to herself.
She had gone through Draven's things after his death and found another vile, it was her plan B if things didn't work out.
Unfortunately things hadn't worked in her favour.

Popping off the cap she brought it to her lips, a tear ran down her cheek.
"This is it."
She let the warm liquid ooze down her throat.

Maybe they'd meet again in another life.
If it's meant to be, they'll find their way back to each other.

Meanwhile
"I want to slice the turkey" Lilliana announced as she grabbed the knife.
"You don't even know how to" Frankie snatched it away from her, "Lils" Alex grumbled, and in return she rolled her eyes and sunk back into her seat.
"Whatever" she grumbled.
This time of the year was optimal for her and Frankie's bickering.
She glanced over at Kai who's eyes were glued to the empty seat besides her.
She sighed.
"Maybe next year" she whispered, forcing a sympathetic smile.
Every dinner since Celia left they kept a seat empty, hoping one day she'd come back.
Everyone had pretty much moved on by now, but Kai kept hoping.
He promised he'd wait for her.
So he'll wait.
For eternity if that's what it takes.

There is another Epilogue available!

Also Check out my story
Hate to Love. ❤️