CHAPTER 57

"And our baby?" He glanced down at my stomach. No bump.
I take in a gust of air before telling him, "the potion destroys any ounce of a past bond with someone. Our baby included." I rested my hand on my stomach.
The night it happened I was devastated.
But somehow day by day every fragment of my love towards Kai was taken, and now, I can't bring myself to care.
I feel nothing for him, I feel nothing for what was to be my baby.
I feel nothing.

I remember every memory, every intimate moment so vividly, and yet he's like a stranger to me right now.
"So this is it?" His voice was cold and still.
"I guess so" I faked a smile, though it wasn't appropriate at all.
"Aren't you going to see Lilliana or your brother?" He raised a brow, I can tell he's trying hard to keep himself composed.
With the kind of life I'm living now, it'd be too risky to be in contact with anyone I know.

"It's too complicated. They're better off without me, I just bring chaos to peoples lives. I mean look what I've done to yours." A tear ran down my cheek as I think about the fact that I'll never see my best friend or my brother ever again.
"Celia, you didn't ruin my life. You gave me a life! You took a piece of shit asshole and you made him actually bearable. I love you so goddamn much. Please, come home with me, we'll find a way through this." He put his hands on either side of my arms lightly shaking me, as though he thinks I'm in some kind of trance...I guess in a way I am.

"Their is no way through this. Kai...I don't love you anymore and I never will. This isn't what I expected from life but I've learnt to live with it." I pulled away from his grasp.

"You can't do this. You can't just leave me like this." He hissed rubbing his temples.
"I'm sorry" is all I managed so say, I had no other words in me. I hope that he can get over this but I know he probably won't.
"You should go" I mumbled, after today we'll definitely be moving to another place, this is probably my night in this town.
"I'll wait for you. No matter how long it takes. I promise" is the last thing he said before heading downstairs.

Third person POV

When he reached the bottom, once again met with the piles of corpses, the only thing on his mind was his mate. A mate he wasn't going to see or touch or talk to for a long time to come.
"You tried budd" Draven's blood curling voice chuckled, he was sunk into one of the leather sofas, his legs propped up onto someones limp and bloody body.
"I'll fucking kill you" Kai snarled, his whole being was filled with hate.
"No you won't" Draven grimaced.

"And why is that?"

"Because you love Celia, and Celia loves me." He shrugged, unfazed by the man ready to turn him into one of the corpses laying on the floor.
He was lost for words, he wanted to scream and shout and tear the whole house down, but none of that was going to bring Celia back to him.

"And since I am such a generous man. I'm going to help you out" he stood from his seat stumbling towards Kai.
"Here's a little goodbye gift" he reached into his pocket taking out a small vile filled with a black tar like liquid.
"What is it" Kai rolled his eyes entertaining the joke of a man stood in front of him.
"You take this and all your feelings towards her will...POOF just like that. Disappear! You'll never find a mate again, so you'll just have to fall in love using the ol human method." He chuckled flicking the vile towards Kai who caught it.

"I don't need this" he spoke through gritted teeth, he didn't want to forget about Celia, and the thought of falling for someone else felt impossible to him. "Well It's up to you, but I highly recommend you take it. She's never coming back, if that's what your hoping for." Draven crossed his arms shrugging casually, he hadn't an ounce of sympathy.
"She's my mate-
"Except she isn't anymore. You need to let her go" He sighed, he almost felt pity for Kai...almost.

"You should be thanking me, I did you a favour. You don't want a rogue as a mate or a Luna. Me and her work, we are alike. Both of us are broken pieces." He spoke.

"She isn't broken" Kai growled lowly tightening his grasp on the small bottle in his palm.
"That is where you are wrong. She is as broken as broken gets. And unlike you, I'm not going to try and put her back together. If you really love her you'll leave. She belongs here, with me, she always did. I'll give her the life that she's destined for." He was deathly serious.

"You mean a life on the run? Stealing, manipulating and murdering people?" Kai frowned, Draven's words were like poison.
"Yes"
"We are Rogues. This is the life we were made for. It's the life she is made for. And I accept her for who she is. A no good, despicable, broken little thing.
It's what we all are. And we've learnt to make the best of it." He tread back to the sofa sinking into the seat once more.

"Now leave my house and don't come back"