CHAPTER 54

"We have a lead" one of the pack members spoke slamming a file onto the table.
"His name's Connor Reed, he claims to know where the main base is and is willing to give us its location" he sunk into one of the chairs around the conference table.
"What's the catch?" Kai spoke coldly, running a hand through his hair.
"In return he wants us to pay fifty thousand dollars to his family"
Disapproving looks were passed around the table, the Moore pack had become less financially stable in the past few months. After word got out about the attack other packs were hesitant in working with them out of fear of being another victim of Draven's organisation and with Kai in his study most hours of the day tired and depressed, there was no real leader.
"Pay him." He hung his head into his palms, wondering if this time he would actually find her, maybe this was it. His skin had become as pale as paper, his large frame had melded down into a more frail and skinny figure, he reeked of illness.

"Alpha. That may not be so wise. We cannot afford that right no-
He was cut off by the raspy voice of Kai.
"We cannot afford to save our Luna?!" He snapped, slamming his fists down onto the table.
"We have mouths to feed, children to take care of. Many people have come forward in the past months claiming to know where this man is and each time they have run off with our money" an elderly man spoke, he was the accountant of the pack, kept track of all the money going in and out.

"It is not our money. It is MY money. This is my pack, I am the fucking Alpha and I'll decide how my money is spent to find my mate." He yelled, his body was radiating with angry heat. It looked like he was about to turn and tear someone apart but all he really wanted was to hold Celia. To have her lying on his chest in their bed, he wanted his fingers tangled in her thick hair as she trailed her fingers over his stomach.
That's all he wanted.
"Get some air" Frankie mumbled and Kai didn't hesitate to stomp out of the room and outside.

He thought to himself, if Celia saw this she'd be mocking him right now, calling him a silly little toddler who couldn't handle his emotions.
He could make out her voice in his head, he imagined her taunts and endless mocking, what once annoyed him, now soothed him. Kai internally promised himself that if- when he found her he'd never get angry at her or fight with her again, he'd agree to everything she said and wanted and he'd just be grateful that she existed.

The Alpha wasn't a very emotional person, but the thought of Celia made him want to cry every time.
In fact he was about to if it wasn't for the interruption.
"Kai" he turned to see Katerina standing by the front door, a hopeful expression painted across her face.
"We know where she is"