Chapter 8

While walking down the corridor, Lisa and Sana overheard two other girls gossiping.

"I heard boys like pretty girls" the girl turned to look at Sana, I honestly don't care but seeing Sana felt interested in the topic made her think.

They continued walking, and the atmosphere felt cold. She glanced at Sana trying to put all the pieces in their places.

"You can be pretty like you." I elbowed, turning all of her attention on me.

"You don't have to be pretty like her." I continued as she returned the gaze I'd been giving earlier, a dark brown color appeared in them...

Sana quickly averts her eyes making Sana frown "Something bothering you?" She didn't answer.

"Sana" I tried again. She flinched as she turned to look at me.

"Something wrong?" I waited for her to continue.

"Have you ever liked a friend of yours?" She said that making me furrow my eyebrows

"How was it? I mean how did it go...?"

"It's still in progress...." I awkwardly scratched my nape.

"But I'm going to stop my one sided love" next time....

"What, You're going to confess?"

"Yeah..." I nodded

"How-?"

"I like you."

"Huh?" She turned dumbfounded.

"I said I like you" I said unsure this time.

"I'm just joking Wit'u" I quickly shift my gaze away from her and chuckle nervously.

"You're corny, you know that right?" I heard her laugh, continuing on with the walk.

They say jokes are half meant true.

☁︎

"Hey Sana?" I softly knocked on her door as her attention went to me.

"Yes?" She put down her phone waiting for me to continue.

"Let's go out, Sana... If that's okay with you." I nervously said.

"Oh... I'm sorry, I can't at the moment." I nodded.

"I understand." I smiled before leaving.

I felt my phone buzz as I picked up the call.

"Hello" I answered with a sigh.

"Were you doing something?" Jennie asked.

"No." I answered flatly.

"You okay? Is something wrong?" The worry inside, it was very evident.

"How do you know me so well that you can just tell everything from my voice" I teased.

"Of course Lili I know you, I can just look at you if you are not fine. Don't you know how to read emotions? Or feel, hear?" Jennie giggled at the other side of the line.

"Meet me at the library." Before I could reply, Jennie already hung the phone up.

After a couple minutes had passed by us chatting. "Okay hear me out." Her tone was serious.

"What if... She found someone." I know I shouldn't be sharing things like this to anyone, but when I'm with Jennie I feel like she knows a lot about me even if I'm not telling her anything, she told me I can tell her anything and it almost feels like my best friends sent me to her.

"If one day I found that she already has someone then with a heavy heart, I will let her go." I looked down at my hands.

"Why? Don't you want her to stay by your side forever?" Jennie curiously questioned.