Chapter 9

"Liz, wake up." I could feel the thick, fluffy material that keeps me warm being yanked away from me.

I tried pulling it back, but it wouldn't budge. Someone is so eager to wake me up. I only wanted to sleep, why can't I have that, so I tried to battle it out with her and stopped immediately when I felt how my body ached with the sudden movement.

"Please let me sleep for just 5 minutes." I groaned struggling to swat her hands away from my warm blanket.

I tried going back to sleep but felt the need to check what time it was first. I looked on the bedside table for my phone, but it wasn't there.

I tried searching for it under my pillow, but it still wasn't there. I am really tired and exhausted after all the occasions that happened last night but oh my god, I can't find my phone!

"Hey! Seriously Lisa, wake up." Jennie who is now shaking me got startled when I suddenly got up from the bed.

Once my eyes focused from my surroundings I realized this wasn't my room. Despite my whole body aching, I dashed when I saw my bag lying on the full carpet floor, I hurriedly picked it up and checked if my phone was there, but to my dismay, it wasn't there either.

My phone is missing! As I was starting to panic, I heard a voice.

"What on earth are you doing?" " I looked behind me to see Jennie looking at me weirdly.

"Have you seen my p-" Before I could finish my words, I saw her holding something familiar.

"Why do you have that?" I slowly went in front of her, as she raised her arm higher so I wouldn't be able to reach it.

"I'll hand it to you after you get change, c'mon it's already 2:10 pm you slept like a log Liz." She pushed me towards her bathroom as I was still trying to recover from my drowsiness.

☀︎︎

"You okay Lili?" Jennie served me breakfast and lunch from what they had eaten earlier.

"Trying to be..." She sat beside me, slowly rubbing my back in circular motions.

"Are you still going to the party?" Jennie asked as I swallowed my food. I looked to her to furrow my brows.

"What time was it again?" I totally forgot, I think I didn't even hear someone announce it.

"At Six dummy. Don't worry, we still have time to prepare." She gave me a pat at the back before leaving me alone on their countertop.

♔︎

Prom had already ended, a couple more minutes left for an after-prom-date, but almost everyone decided to go to the after prom party, one of the rich kids had setted up.

I cautiously walked Inside, as alcohol, loud music and overly lustful teens filled the mansion.

I looked around for a bit as they were Cranking the other speakers, colorful flashing lights came from the balcony and from the backyard as an additional pool party was in set.

Each time you turn your head, you could see teens getting high, smoking, taking a hit, and sniffing goods.

I saw Jennie sitting in the couch comfortably outside holding a red cup in front of the front pool as I squeeze myself through the crowd.

"Hey Li" Jennie greeted me as I sat next to her, handing me a new red cup. We were the only ones occupying this large couch.

"Have you seen her?" Jennie brought up as I tried not to think about it, distracting myself as I watched the girl walking in a 2 piece diving into the pool.