Memory 1 | Reactions

1994

{■𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔬𝔯𝔦𝔞 𝔄𝔲𝔯𝔬𝔯𝔞 𝔊𝔯𝔢𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔯𝔞𝔰𝔰♧}
I trudge down the staircase to the Great Hall, my eyes skimming over the throng of students. It takes me a little to realise that the crowd is divided into many couples, each formed of a boy and a girl...

It has been quite a while since professor McGonagall has announced the upcoming Yule Ball event. No one has ever asked me yet, not to mention that I'm known as the strange girl and blood-traitor.

I've been interested in a boy in our house, Slytherin. His hair as brown as maple field wood, eyes hazel as honey when the sun reflects its light into them.

His name is Theodore Nott.

My eyes spot Pansy Parkinson, and Draco Malfoy giggling and snuggling together. They're much disgusting, causing me to cringe.

The throng swallows me as I make my way through, searching for any hint of a frizzy redhead.

I sense a finger digging into my left shoulder. Irritated, I turn my face to see Hermiabel, finally. My expression transforms into a jovial one as soon as her glance meets mine.

She cheers me with a huge hug and I pull her into my embrace. At the instant when we broke apart, I could easily notice the gleam of exuberance drawn on her face.

"Guess what," she says enthusiastically.

"What?" I ask, wiggling an eyebrow.

"You know that Gryffindor boy I-"

"Benjamin, of course, I know him! You have told me about him thousands of times."

"He asked me to be his Yule Ball date!"

"Oh, great," I say, my voice fading instantly. "No one has asked me yet, but good for you."

It feels too annoying to not be happy for her.

She wants to give me a shoulder pat when someone carrying a lot of disturbance with them passes by, bumping into us.

"Oops, sorry," Pansy scoffs overhead, stepping on our feet, as though we're some absurd cockroaches falling on our backs.

Malfoy is beside her grinning in disdain at us.

"It's okay Pans, blood-traitor and mudblood are just bowing to us. Let them practice developing self-respect," he sneers with a smirk as he approaches his face to me.

"Prat, here's your book," he mocks, picking up my book of Defence Against the Dark Arts from the floor then slapping it hard against my scalp.

I just stare into his stormy, grey eyes in loathsomeness.

"You knelt for me sooner than I have expected."

Pansy stands behind him, laughing hysterically at us like a nutter.

"Oh shut-"my tongue suddenly runs out of words.

They turn on their heels and disappear into the pack of students.

Before I tend to rise, someone takes my hand.

"My friend is being a git again, am I right?" Theodore Nott questions me with a teeth revealing smile.

"C-certainly," I reply with a slight nod. Getting to my feet, I dust off my dark green and black stripped skirt, along with my sleeves.

I look through my lashes to see him staring at me.

He takes a step closer to me as I fix my shirt and tie. He pushes a strand of my dark chocolate brown hair crossing my face behind my ear.

I shudder.