Flashback 2

𝒟𝓇𝒶𝒸𝑜 𝑀𝒶𝓁𝒻𝑜𝓎°

The air of September swirled around in a macabre dance, lifting with it the small dust and wreathed leaves of autumn.

Right at my window, I saw one dropping inside my room. I froze in place, looking down at it as I sank into complete inner silence. I closed my eyes, lost in my thoughts as I let the breeze brush my face lightly.

Until the fighting got louder and the crash of glass perturbed my calmness.

Glass pounded restlessly against the walls of the hallway to my bedroom, creating echoes that blended with the howls of the fury of mom and dad.

Fear crept through me suddenly, as if the ghost of hollow terror was coming in and out of me, unnerving every limb of my body, causing me to warily approach the dark hallway.

I stopped at the exit of the room when I heard footsteps coming in closer.
He's coming.
I involuntarily stepped backward, my fingers digging into every detail of my rings, swinging them on and off my skin.

"Come," he growled at me as he took my wrist and forced me down the hall.
His wracking grip went harder as he thrust me down the hall where I saw mum sitting on the floor, a hand around her mouth as tears flowed down her cheeks like a shallow river.

"It's ok," she struggled to speak, swiftly taking my hand to squeeze it as an act of assurance.
The batters of my heart and the roars of my thoughts created a two-part vocal composition that flew continuously into my senses.

As my nails bit the floor, my eyes which were consumed with fear set on my father's figure, wrapped in darkness.

"Say something... just do!" He yelled again as I glanced back at mom, who closed her eyes in pain.

"I will do anything," I said, attempting to exclude any trembling from my voice.

"You can't Lucius, he's too young for this..." she leads on, her sky-blue eyes carrying distress.

"He will. Won't you, my son?"

My vision slid across the shattered glass and then to him. I nodded confidently, attempting to hide the thorns pricking into my throat, "I will."

A sudden knock came from the entry door down the stairs.

"OPEN THE DOOR!" A man's firm voice came along, causing me to jump out of my place.

"Draco! Stay in place," my father insisted as I stopped by the top of the staircase, clutching onto the rail.

The silence was deafening until a loud bang came from downstairs, letting Aurors into the manor.

"Lucius Malfoy is accused as a Death Eater. The ministry insists for him a suspect trial," the man stated, ascending the stairs.

Another man had come with him, and then they both stopped by when they saw me.

The man's brows furrowed at me in concern, and then my mother came into our area, touching my shoulder for comfort.

I lowered my head in nervousness as I considered my mum's touch, "He's my son," she said.

"As I thought, pardon me, ma'am. Where's the father?"He asked, watching my eyes land on where my father hid between the shadows of the hall.

"Get him."

Two Aurors occupied each side of my father, bracing his wrists with a pair of handcuffs.

"Take care woman," the man said before he'd lifted his coat over his shoulders and proceeded after them.