Flashback 3

𝒟𝓇𝒶𝒸𝑜 𝑀𝒶𝓁𝒻𝑜𝓎°

Getting back to Hogwarts wasn't easy, especially when I had a number one mission.

On top of the Dark Lord's scheme was the invasion of Hogwarts, specifically by the murder of Dumbledore.

I used to often look over the elimination of him, yet not now anymore since I'd be having a hand in this mission.

I've searched our library all summer to find a way to enable the death eaters to penetrate the castle. The twin vanishing cabinets.

An eerie feeling of someone following me occasionally stung my mind.

I would turn my back and notice no one. I assumed it as an odd, unreasonable intuition, that it was perhaps the Dark Lord occupying my mind just to oversee my actions.

"Harmonia Nectere Passus," I whispered, then sluggishly opened the cabinet's door when I heard a noise behind me.
I tried to follow it, but all I can sense in the dark are soft footsteps. Most likely belonging to a female.

As they fade out of my hearing, I head back to the dorms where everything falls into deep silence. Everyone is sleeping.
Not everyone, I corrected myself when a slight sound came out of the girls' dormitory.

Walking through the entry door, a feminine figure moved down the hallway and disappeared into another door.

I followed, coming to hear the rushing water of a shower, it smoothed the atmosphere around me within the girl's hums.

Greengrass. I eventually remembered, giving myself a mental face slap- well shit. If I get exposed by Greengrass I'm doomed.

I shut my eyes and distracted myself by listening to her soft voice, noticing a subtle smile lifting a corner of my lips.

Shaking myself out of my ridiculous thoughts, I returned calmly to the boys' dormitory, later finding myself entirely incapable of sleeping.

I slumped out of my sheets to catch a cigarette.

Heading out of the dorms, I shut the door behind me.
As I lit up the bulb with my wand, the
reminder of Greengrass alarmed my mind and I shook my head exhaustedly.

As I inhaled the last smoke, my legs took me back to the girls' dormitory. I knew that Astoria shared the same room with Pansy and other Slytherin girls, therefore I immediately remembered the number of the room.

"7"

My eyes flashed to her bed as soon as I entered. She's sleeping, her lashes slightly swinging down her cheeks, a rosy blood blush flushing in her face that is halfway dug down her wool blanket.

Beneath her fingers that peeked from the borders of the fabric is a book named"Extraordinary Objects."

I rolled my eyes resentfully comprehending a hard task coming my way. Not only did I have to murder Dumbledore, but also, this girl was going to be the biggest slice of my mission by the beginning of the following summer.

I would be responsible for her, making sure everything goes according to the Dark Lord's will.

Pulling myself out of focusing on her, I noticed Pansy's bed empty.
Book in hand, I approached it to register more evenly that she is absent. What would she be doing that late at night?