Ikatlong Bahagi

******

Nasa tabing dagat kami sa likuran ng hospital. Doon niya ako dinala. Tita Amenda gave us snacks earlier and left us alone. We are both sitting on the sand while starring at the  blue ocean in front of us. There are patients here also who enjoys the sight of the blue ocean. It's actually a beach that suits for hospital patients. I don't even know that there's a place like this here. It's so beautiful.

"Alam mo ba? I am so lucky to find this kind of hospital. This is one of a kind. I can't believe that there's a beach at the back where patients can enjoy. Nakakabagot ang tumagal sa hospital honestly. Hindi masaya. Puro na lang pasakit ang makikita mo o mararanasan mo so, it's nice that there's a place like this here nearby. Somehow, it eases the problems a patients has," she said.

I look at here and she's smiling widely while starring at the patients near us. Napatingin din ako sa mga pasyente. They look happy. May pamilya ding nagbobonding na para bang walang sakit ang isa sa mga anak nila.

" Are you happy here?, "I asked.

Napatingin siya sa akin. She smiled before she nodded. She place her right hand on her chest, feeling her heart beats.

" This heart of mine, I know it's weak already. This heart of mine makes me weak but who cares? I'm not giving up. I'm not losing hope because I know I'm gonna live for so many years. My heart is weak but I'm strong," she determinedly said.

My heart is aching for you Thalia... Arise is gone, my parents are gone I don't want you gone like them...

I smiled to hear her  determination. I raise my left arm and patted her head. She's strong indeed.

She looked at me." It's been a long time since you patted my head like this huh? I don't even know that I miss it," she said and laugh.

Napatingin ako sa kamay kong nasa ulo niya. Napatawa na lang din ako. I used to patted Thalia's head and Arise's head back when we were high school. We're known us trio in our school. Pare-pareho kaming napupunta sa guidance kahit na ang isa lamang sa amin ang may ginawang mali. Sama-sama kaming tatlo to caused trouble outside our school. It is such a beautiful memory that I can't forget. Yun yung mga panahon na masaya pa kaming tatlo.

"You, you used to have a very short hair back then  but now," I stared at her hair. "You have a very long hair. Tapos color gold pa, hayy kamukha mo na si Rapunzel,"I said.

Sumimangot siya kaya natawa ako ulit. Eversince, she doesn't really like princesses. She thought princesses in fairytales are stupid that they can't protect themselves and fight on their own and still need a prince charming to save them.

" Huh! Tawang tawa ah?," she said glaring at me.

Napatigil ako sa kakatawa at ibinaling na lamang ulit ang tingin sa dagat. Napapangiti parin ako nang maalala ko ang itsura niya kanina. Inis na inis talaga eh.

Katahimikan ang namalagi sa pagitan naming dalawa. I know she said she doesn't hate me anymore and that she forgaves me, but I also know that what we have before, we couldn't turn it back like how it used to.

"You and Arise kept a secret from me, right?," she said breaking the silence.

I looked at her and caught her staring at me but I just smiled to what she said.

Ibinalik niya ang tingin sa dagat bago napangiti ng mapait.

"How could you two kept a secret from me? I know that you and Arise never together. You two are not boyfriend and girlfriend. You two just made it up to teased me. You see, I've read her diary. Her mother gave it to me."

Napatingin siya sa akin ulit pero uwiwas ako ng tingin sa kaniya at yumuko. If she have read Arise's diary, she must've known too.

" I know you like me. Arise wrote on her diary kung gaano siya kinikilig kapag nagkukuwento ka sa kaniya about your feelings for me. Reading her diary, I felt like she's alive somehow."

"You've read it. You knew I like you. You must have known that you're my first love. But even so, I'm not expecting anything but being just a friend of yours again," sabi ko at tumingala sa kaniya.

"Aish! Silly Stanley. Of course we're still friends! Let's forget the past okay? Arise's happy now wherever she is and so we are too."

She smiled at me so I smiled back. Mula noo hanggang ngayon, she still has her bubbly personality and I like it.

Nauna na siyang tumayo at pinagpagan ang sarili niya before she offered her hands on me. Napatingin ako doon.

" Take it. This is our sign the our friendship is back," she said smiling.

Napangisi ako doon bago tinanggap ang kamay niya at tumayo na rin. Pinagpagan ko ang sarili ko at sabay kaming naglakad paalis doon.

"So, where are we going?," I asked.

Ngumiti lamang siya bago hinila ang kamay ko at sabay kaming tumakbo.

"Hey! Stop running you're sick!"

"Don't worry okay? I'm fine. I just wanna run again like before."

"Thalia, you're risking your life right now! Stop running!"

I stop running for her to stop too and pulled her closer to me.

"You're still the stubborn Thalia I've known!"

"Stanley Graven, you said you've know me so you also known that I'm a fan of risk. If running could risk my life but I can still reminisce our memories before and I could feel like Arise is here, so be it. It's so worth it anyway."

I sigh. If Arise is submissive this Thalia Stella is stubborn. She's really gonna do whatever she likes even if it risk her life.

" You stubborn!"

Kaagad akong umupo sa harapan niya so that I can piggyback ride her.

" What are you doing? "

" Oh, C'mon hop on. I thought you wanted to run?!"

Lumingon ako sa kaniya nang hindi parin siya sumasakay sa likuran ko.

"Piggyback ride?," I said.

Unti-unti siyang ngumiti.

"Mas mabigat na ako ngayon kaysa dati." She teased.

I look at her from head to foot.

"You don't look heavy to me,"I said shaking my head, teasing her.

She glared at me bago niya ako binatukan. I just laughed at her. Hindi rin nagtagal ay sumakay na siya sa likuran ko. Tumayo na ako nang makasakay na siya. Hinahanda ko na ang sarili ko sa pagtakbo.

" Piggyback ride pala ha? Sabagay, mataba ka naman dati hahahaha."

I looked at her over my shoulder and glared at her.

"Dati na yun, miss. I have muscles now. Muscles!"

"Baka buto na ang meron ka? Hahahaha." She teased.

Aish! This woman...

I rolled my eyes on her before we run together to our destination.

Thalia Stella, I won't let you die. Never. You need to live for me, for us.

******

"It's Stella Thalia, Thalia Stella here again! For our daily dose of encouragement i just wanna say that, smile at the first start of the day para naman ang buong araw mo ay happy! Be happy whatever your circumstances are but also, don't fake your happiness because fake smiles can hurt you. Do the things that makes you happy at huwag mong iisipin ang sasabihin ng iba. Their opinions towards you is none of your business anymore so shouldn't care. Let them say whatever they want to say. Don't let whatever they say bother you. You're an amazing person. And so, see you tomorrow. This is Thalia Stella will always root for you. "

******

K i a z y h y u n

Don't forget to vote and comment. Lovelots. 💜😉