Piano - Mari x reader

hiya :D this was requested by KK4YDEN , tysm for requesting ! ヽ(*⌒▽⌒*)ノ

in this story, Y/N will not have a specific gender ^^ enjoy <3

(sorry if the story switches from past tense to present tense, i always forget which one i'm doing, also sry that it took so long to write this, I was thinking of ideas-)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Y/N's point of view 

             I skimmed my hands over the piano keys, admiring the glow it gave off from the open window in the room. "Sorry, what keys are it again?" I asked Mari. "It's okay! Piano takes time to understand," she responded. She explained what keys I needed to press (sorry I don't put specific keys, I don't play piano ;-;). She put her hands over mine, playing the keys I needed to play. "Now you try," she said. I took a deep breath and repeated her actions. It actually sounded good for once. I'm impressed. "Good job! That was really good!" she cheered and clapped her hands together. "I can tell you're going to be a great piano player!" she complimented. I blushed and looked at my shoes. 

"Thank you, Mari. That means a lot to me," I muttered, rubbing my eyes. Her face fell slightly. "You sound a little tired, Y/N, are you alright?" She asked. I sighed. "Of course I am! Don't worry about me," I said. It was the truth, I didn't want her to worry. She already has so much on her shoulders, with the concert she's gonna play in with Sunny. "Okay, If you say so..." She said. 

"Hey, do you wanna go outside? I know there's not a lot to do out there, but I think it'd be nice to get some fresh air, and perhaps a picnic?" She asked. I smiled. "Yeah! That sounds like a good idea, Mari," I said enthusiastically. 

We got ready and went outside, Mari carrying the picnic basket and me carrying the blanket. We walked to the park and I set down the blanket. She placed down the basket on top of it and we both sat down. "So, Y/N, what made you want to learn piano?" Mari asked. My face turned red. "O-oh, uhm... no reason?" I stuttered. The real reason was because I wanted to spend more time with Mari.

"How come you're so flustered?" Mari asked. "Are you sick?"
"N-no, I'm not sick. Thank you for caring, though," I respond quietly. "C'mon, you don't gotta be all fancy and proper. You can be yourself when you're with me!" Mari smiled. I looked at her. We stared into each other's eyes for a while before both of us bursting out laughing. Our relationship was strange. One second we're serious, the next we're all laughing and making jokes. That's what I love about Mari. We have such a great relationship. I don't wanna ruin it by telling her... you know... 

I felt a cold liquid drop on my nose. I looked up at the sky and it was grey.  "Awh, c'mon! Rain?" Mari pouted. "Hmm... Oh! I have an idea!" I exclaimed. I packed up our things and walked towards Mari's house. She followed. Once we got there, I put all of our stuff down and got a blanket. Mari tilted her head to the left. "What are you doing?-" She asked. "You'll see," I casually responded. I sat on the floor and turned on the TV. "Movies!" Mari yelled and ran to sit next to me. 

Mari's POV

They smiled as they surfed through channels. I took this time to admire how focused they were. Their eyes quickly moving from left to right before clicking the right arrow on the remote. It was almost hypnotizing, how adorable they looked.

"Hey! There's (favorite movie)!" they shouted, making me jump a little. 

"Oh, I've never watched that one, actually," I stated. They gasped.
"You haven't? Well then we should start from the beginning!" They said happily while turning the channel on, then putting the movie on from the beginning. They then got up.

"I'm gonna go get myself a (insert favorite drink here). You want anything?" They asked me.

"Heyyy... This is my house! I should be the one asking you that!" I laughed.

"Oh really? Well I've been here plenty of times to know that the drinks are in the top shelf of the refrigerator. So therefore, I will get you something," They explained. I laughed. "Well I'm coming," I said and got up to go along with them. 

Y/N's pov

We walked to the kitchen to where we saw Sunny eating a microwaved steak.
"Sunny, what are you doing?" Mari asked. "Eating," He simply responded. She sighed and took the steak away from him.

"You cant just microwave steak..." Mari explained and threw the now half-eaten steak into the garbage. Sunny gave Mari an irritated look before opening the fridge.
"Hmm.. We could always order pizza," Mari suggested. Sunny then closed the fridge and nodded. Mari looked at me as to ask if I was okay with it.
"Sure, that sounds like a good idea," I then pulled out my phone to make the call. Mari frowned and grabbed my phone.  "I'll pay for it," She said. I rested my head in my hand to hide the blush that crept onto my face. "Alright then-" I said.

Mari, Sunny and I were upstairs when we heard the doorbell ring (aYo tHe pizzA hEre). Mari then ran down the stairs to get the pizza, slightly tripping in the process. She then called Sunny and I downstairs to eat. So we did. We continued to watch (favorite movie). I have to say, I was quite happy with how the day went.

Once (favorite movie) was over, Sunny had fell asleep with Mewo on his lap. "If only Basil were here to take a photo of them!" Mari laughed. "Hmm... Do you wanna continue practicing piano?" She suggested. I smiled. "Yeah! Let's go," I said and walked to the piano room. 

"So show me again how to do it?" I asked.
"Of course!"
She put her hands over mine and played the correct keys. "Hmm... Okay, I see," I said and played the keys. Mari's eyes lit up. "Oh!... Oh my..! You played it perfectly!" Mari said with a surprised expression. "What, was I really that bad before?" I laughed. "No, it's not that, it's just... I'm starting to think that you are not going to need my help anymore," She said while deep in thought.

"You really think so?!" I cheered. Mari frowned.
"But then we wont get to hang out as often!" She sniffled.
"No! No no no no no! That's not true! Just because I am capable of playing by myself, doesn't mean I'm not gonna hang out with you anymore! Plus, I don't have a piano of my own, so I'll need somewhere to play!" I explained to her. 

This wasn't like her to get so upset over such a small situation. Usually she would think of simple solutions. "Even so, I'm still not very good yet, so I still need your help," I added. She gave me a small smile before pulling me into a hug. "You're right," She said in a tiny voice. "You always manage to make me feel better. I don't know what I'd do without you..." (sunny: am I a joke to you?) 

"And that's why I love you..."

_ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ _

sorry if mari is a little ooc- also sorry this took so long to write, i didn't have many ideas <3

1314 words