Where Were You? - Aubrey x reader

this was requested by  OMOLIT

thx so much for the request!

this takes place after the incident by the way

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I honestly didn't know what to think. Basil had gone missing, so Kel, Sunny and I had teamed up to go find him. I was in a state of panic, since it used to be my job to make sure Basil was okay . Of course, our friend group had eventually gone our separate ways, but Basil was still so important to me. 

We were at the park, wondering where he could have gone, when a sudden sense of common logic kicked in. "Our old meetup spot!" I exclaimed. "Ohhh! Right! Why didn't I think of that..." Kel laughed and we ran towards it. 

We stumbled through the trees and saw a girl with pink hair and a baseball bat with nails impaled into it. And... "Wait... is that Aubrey?"

Aubrey turned to look at us and she sighed. She gave us one of the most deadly glares you could imagine. It lowkey hurt a lot. Getting a death stare from your childhood crush isn't the best way to start your afternoon.

Basil was on the grass, sobbing. Kel and Sunny went to go see if he was okay. I would go too, but as soon as I was gonna take a step, Aubrey grabbed my arm. "And where do you think you're going?" 

I turned to look at her. "Well, I'm just gonna go see if my friend's okay, 'cause obviously he's not! Not cool, Aubrey," I felt bad being mean to her, but I have a right to be angry at her! There's no reason for her to bully Basil. Aubrey looked at me and tightly closed her eyes shut. When she opened them, her eyes were now bloodshot and there were tears streaming down her face.

"Where were you?!" She screamed. "Where were any of you?!"
"Wh-"
"No! Where were you when Mari died?! Where were you when we needed each other the most?! Where?!" She continued to rant on. "None of you get it! None! If you guys had stayed, none of this would be happening! She sobbed. She dropped to the ground and screamed at the top of her lungs. It pained me so much to see her this way. I sighed.

"Aubrey." I grabbed her shoulders and turned her to look at me. I didn't have a plan for what I was gonna do. I just went with whatever came to my mind first. "I understand, we left when we weren't supposed to," I started. Kel, Sunny and Basil's attention was now focused on us.

"And we're very sorry for that we didn't know that it would affect you this bad. But that gives you no excuse for how you're treating us," I kept going. I didn't know that I could give such a speech, yet here we are.

The world seemed as if it were just Aubrey and me in it (Kel Basil and Sunny: am I a joke to you?). Aubrey seemed to calm down. Her tears had stopped falling and her angry expression turned to a soft one. 

Her shoulders dropped and she looked at me. Kel, Sunny and Basil seemed to get the hint that she wanted to be alone, so they left. I was gonna leave too, but she grabbed my shoulder once again. "Can you... stay?" She asked. I gave her a warm smile. "Sure!" 

We ended up going on a snack run at the gas station in the middle of the night, then we had a sleepover. We watched a horror movie right before bed though, so both of us huddled under a blanket and played 'Chopsticks' until we fell asleep. It took a lot to get to sleep.

"Psst... Y/n, are you asleep yet??" Aubrey asked. "No-" 
Aubrey grabbed the nearest blanket and put it over us. "Lets play chopsticks!" She said. We played until I won. Still, neither of us were tired. "Hey Y/N," She said quietly. "Hm?" I hummed in response. "Can I have a hug?"

(if you dont know what chopsticks is, its a game where u put out two fingers [one from each hand] and you add to the other person's chopsticks by using one of ur fingers to add however many is on that hand to boop them on their own chopsticks! Once u get all five fingers up, then that hand is out. You can also add to ur hands. For example, lets say one of ur hands is out and u have two on ur remaining hand. u can make it so that ur other hand is back in by putting one finger up on each hand :D i hope i explained it well enough)

almost instantly, I wrapped my arms around her. She hugged me back, and rested her head on my shoulder. She eventually fell asleep like that. I took the blanket over us off and laid her down on my bed. I laid down next to her and then I fell asleep.   

In the morning, we tried to make pancakes, but I ended up tripping on a random wire and spilling the batter all over the place. We ended up eating microwaveable ramen for breakfast-

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

i hope u liked it! anyway, ily all! I honestly never thought this would get so popular (it may not seem popular, but it is in my eyes-), and im super proud of that. anyway, i hope u enjoyed! requests are always appreciated :]

938 words