It's okay - Sunny x reader

this takes place in the hospital :D

TW - mentions of the incident, blood, suicide

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat on the hospital ground outside the room that Basil lays in, hugging my knees. I have no clue how Sunny and Basil ended up like this, but I'll do anything to make sure they're okay.

I hear the door open and somebody sit next to me.
"Hey n/n, you know you can't stay out here forever," The person says. It's Hero.

I sniffled and wiped a tear from my eye.
"I-I know that... It's just.. I can't bear to see my friends like this, not again..." I mumble. 

"I know how you're feeling. I promise that they'll get better. They wouldn't leave you like that, especially Sunny," Hero says and nudges me with his elbow.
"Shut up-" I giggle. Hero always succeeded at making me smile. He's practically an older brother to me.

"Okay, okay, I'll come," I say and get up.
"That's the spirit!" Hero cheers and opens the door. He waits for me to go in. I step in the room and see Basil with bruises and scratches everywhere. 

Aubrey gets up from her chair and hugs me. "I-"
"Shut up," Aubrey says.
"I'm glad you're ok, sis," She whispers, loud enough for me to hear but still quiet so nobody else hears.

We break the embrace and I sit on the floor against the wall. Kel sits next to me and talks to me for a while until we hear the door creak open. Thinking it's just a nurse, we continue to talk until we realize that nothing had happened.

We look over to see Sunny with an eyepatch. I spring up. I have to restrain myself from running and attacking him with a hug. Everyone just stares in disbelief.
"Sunny, you're awake! A-are you sure you should be moving like that?" Kel asks.
"Careful, Sunny... you shouldn't be walking yet... your wound mind reopen..." Hero adds. Sunny then drops to his knees.

"Sunny! Sunny! Are you okay?... Say something..." Aubrey asks. 

He gets up with the help of Hero, takes my hand and leads me out of the room.
"Sunny?" I ask. He takes me back to his hospital room. 

"I... I need to tell you something," He says quietly. My eyes widen. This was the first time I've heard him speak in so long.

He stay silent for a while. I sit him down on his hospital bed and sit next to him. I put my arm around him and let him speak.

"Mari... didn't kill herself..." 

He closes his eyes tightly, as if he was expecting a punch or something, but unlike my sister Aubrey, I stayed as calm as I could.
"G-go on..."

After he explained everything to me, tears welled up in my eyes. "S-Sunny..." 

I hugged him. "You must have felt so alone..."
 he hugged me back tightly, his tears falling to the ground. "You had to deal with that guilt for almost 5 years now..." I went on.  

"I'm sorry," He whispered. He said it over and over again. 

"It's okay, Sunny... It's okay..." I tried to comfort him to the best of my ability. Once he calmed down a little, I decided to talk to him a little. "Why'd you tell me first?" I asked. He looked away. "I knew you'd understand, so I told you first," He explained. His face said otherwise. I kissed his cheek. 

"Are you gonna tell the others?" 
"........" he said nothing for a while, his face red. "Yes."

"I'll come."
"You don't think I'm a... a monster..?" he asked
"No... it wasn't your fault. You didn't know what to do... you and everyone else was only 12, besides Hero... I don't think you're a monster at all."

He gave me a small smile. So, he took my hand and we walked to Basil's room once again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hii :] sry if this wasn't too good today I just finished doing a drama performance play and i was backstage (it was like 3 or 4 hours) so I did this in like an hour- anyway I would like to assume everyone had the same reaction as y/n, but you can decide that for yourself 

requests are still open unless main page says otherwise!-

~chiharu-chan

698 words