A Little Help - Basil x reader

(requested by KK4YDEN )

thx sm for the request :D again, y/n will not have a specific gender in thisd

this takes place right before sunny moves away btw

Y/N's pov

I was walking around Faraway Town while listening to music. I didn't have it on a high volume. I know this, because while I was walking, I heart a soft thud from behind me. I turn my head to find a blonde boy with about 5 bags of fertilizer, two of them being on the ground.

 I quickly ran to pick the bags up for him. "Oh! You don't have to-" he started.
"Yes, I do have to! That would be so mean to just leave you there," I cut him off.
"Well I suppose I can't argue with that..." He agrees.

 I pick up the bags and stand up. "Do you need help with these?" I ask him. I mentally facepalm after that, because obviously he needs help! He doesn't seem to notice my embarrassing stupidity, though.

"Yeah... If it's okay, could you help me bring these to my house?" He asks. 

I give him a bright smile. "Of course I can!" I cheered. "T-Thanks, sorry if this is any trouble..." He stutters.
"Oh, it's nothing!" I say. "Lead the way- Uhm-" I begin, when I realize I didn't know his name.
"O-oh, I'm Basil!" He suddenly realizes why I stopped in the middle of my sentence.
"Y/n. Anyway, Lead the way, Basil!" I continue.

We finally reach his house. He had beautiful plants outside his house. Many of them.
"So you like planting?" I ask. My face then turned instantly red. Of course he likes planting, why else would he have 5 bags of fertilizer, Y/N? I mentally scold myself.

"O-oh, yeah, I find most comfort in planting," He responds while putting the bags down in front of his house. "You can put those down," 
I look at the bags I'm still holding and quickly nod.

"Right! Yeah, that's a good idea," I manage to say. I put the bags down. I then look at the sky and realize that it's getting dark out, and fast. I glance at my watch and realize it's 9:00. "Oh! I have to get home!" I yelp. He jumps a little. "Oh gosh, I didn't mean to scare you! Sorry!" I quickly say, realizing that I scared him. 

"No no no, it's alright! Also it's a bit late to walk alone..." His voice trailed off. "B-but that's just a suggestion! I'm not forcing you or anything!" He adds. He seems to be embarrassed. 

"You're right... Can you come with me?" I ask him. He then nods very slowly, staring into my eyes. I feel as if he is hypnotizing me or something. "Uhh... Basil? Are you okay?" I question. He then snaps back to reality and nods faster.

 "O-oh! Yeah! I'm okay! I'm great! Sorry!" He quickly says. He then walks to me and we begin the  walk home. 

"How far away do you live, by the way?" He asks. "About 10 minutes by walk," I say. "Okay, that's not too bad," He says. We continue to tell each other about our hobbies and such, when we hear a loud voice from behind us.

"Heeeyy! Basil! Over here!" It says. We look behind us to see a tall boy with an orange shirt. "A-ah, hi, Kel," Basil says quietly. A few people follow behind Kel. A boy with black hair, a boy who looks like Kel but with shorter hair, and a girl with long pink hair and a blue-green ribbon on her head.

"Oooh, who's that?" Kel says and points at me.
"I'm Y/N," I simply responded. I didn't feel like wasting time. Basil seemed to notice that.
"Y/N has to go home, but I'll talk to you guys after..?" Basil says. I can tell he's not used to talking or being confident.
"Oh, okay," Kel says and begins to talk to the black-haired boy. 

We continue our walk. I can feel a pair of eyes looking at me. It's Basil. Once we reached my house, I met his stare and he looks away.

"S-sorry, I didn't mean to stare, it's just- you're really pretty, and- ah- I'll just shut up now-" He stammers. "It's okay, I think it's cute," I laugh. Basil's face turns the deepest shade of red I can think of and reaches into his pocket. He shows me a small f/c flower. "H-here, you can t-take this. It's a g-gift..." He stutters. I take the small flower. I feel small tears well up in the corners of my eyes. 

"W-why are you crying?! Are you okay?!" Basil exclaims. "I- it's just.. It's been so long since I've met someone as kind as you... Thank you so much, Basil..." I whisper, wiping the tears from my eyes with my sleeve. 

"You're welcome, Y/N!" He cheers, happy that you feel that way about him. 

You take a step towards him and wrap your arms around him. His head perks up and he hugs you back, the atmosphere growing peaceful. Suddenly, a familiar voice startles us.
"Aww! Look!" It says. It's Kel. I break from the hug and cross my arms.
"Really, Kel?" I angrily say.
"Oops," He says, clearly surprised about my reaction. He then runs away. I didn't intend to scare him, but he kinda deserves it. Basil frowns.

"I'm sorry about him..." He mumbles.
"It's okay," I say.
"Bye bye, Basil!" I yell.
"Goodbye, Y/n!"

I look at the flower before putting it it in a small vase.
 I can tell that Basil and I are gonna be good friends.

_ _ _ _ _

another done! Poor Kel :( y/n must have intimidated him-

964 words