of teddy bears and unicorns | lloyd g., jay w.

Set after S1 and through the series. 

TW: Fluff. Just fluffff. Midnight crack. 

Lloyd and Jay adopts more and more stuffed toys. The others watch, but eventually start helping.

A/N: Lloyd be a kid in the first scene, so will be smol and grumpy child and not evil at allllll.

Lloyd was lost. The monastery was huge, and the hallways seemed to loom over him, dark and shadowy. He clutched his shirt anxiously, trailing down another corridor. He suddenly missed the stuffed bear he had all those years ago, something to hold onto. Scowling to himself, he pushed the thought away. He was Lloyd Garmadon, and very evil

Oh. He found himself in front a blue door, messy handwriting declaring the room as Jay's. Maybe the lighting ninja could help him find his room. He'd been looking for fifteen minutes now, but no closer to it. 

Pushing open the door, it swung open with a small ominous creak. The room was empty, and Lloyd admired the  many space posters decorating the walls, blue staying a big theme through it.  His attention was dragged to the enormous pile of stuffed toys sitting on the bed, colorful animals arranged carefully on the duvet. 

He walked to wards it, picking on up on the edge cautiously. It was a small blue dragon, not unlike the one the lighting ninja rode in real life. Cartoon fire blew out of its snout in a pillow, and Lloyd smiled, putting it back down. Another one caught his eye, this time a small gray cat curled up on a pillow. 

He's still completely taken by the huge collection of animals, busy looking at each one carefully, and he doesn't hear the door swing open behind him.

"Lloyd?" A voice interrupts him, and he jumps in surprise, almost tripping in the hurry to turn away. Jay stares at him wide eyed, donned in oversized Star Wars pyjamas. Lloyd instinctively clutches the small gray bear to his chest, then realizes what he's doing and puts it down, cheeks burning. 

"Sorry, I was l-looking. At the animals." He blurts a apology is a small voice, afraid that he's done something wrong now and they'll kick him out like everyone else

"It's okay." Jay tilts his head thoughtfully, and steps toward him. Lloyd automatically scurries back, eyes wide. His blue eyes sweep the bed for something, and he picks up another colorful animal from the middle of the bed. 

"I like them, too. That's why I collect them." Jay says, holding out the toy towards him. "This one's my favorite, though." He presents him a small cat, no a unicorn, Lloyd thinks, holding it gingerly, as if it'll break at a touch. The cloth is well worn and obviously old, but a well kept doll. Rainbow stripes cover every inch of it, and the glassy orbs shine a bright blue, almost the same shade of Jay's own eyes.

"She's weird." Lloyd says without thinking, and then snaps his mouth shut, wanting to kick himself for saying that. He messes up everything, even a normal conversation. "Not weird. Nice weird. I mean—"

"Yeah, that's why I like it." Jay says with a easy smile. "It's odd, but I am, too. Isn't it?" 

"Yeah." Lloyd hesitates, before putting the unicorn back down carefully. He doesn't want to mess up anymore. "W-whatever. I'm gonna go back to my room, I think." More like go back to wandering the empty, dark, hallways until he finds it. He pretends not to glance over at the toys again, forcing his eyes back to the ground. 

"Wait." Jay stops him, and picks up the earlier discarded bear, light gray fur brushing against his sleeve. "Here, you can keep him." He offers it to the small boy, and he accepts it cautiously, biting his lip nervously. 

"Is it for me?"

"Of course! I have way too many already." Jay reassures him "Will you gonna name him?"

Lloyd considers this, and then looks at the miniature bear in his hands again. "My old one was called Ben." he says softly, and Jay smiles again. "I like that name. What about Ben Junior?" He suggests, and this time, Lloyd smiles too. He likes the name. 

Jay walks him back to his room later, chattering on about training. Lloyd isn't sure, because the world seems slower, more distant. He yawns, covering his mouth. He suddenly realizes they've stopped in front a door, "We're at your room, sleepyhead." Jay says, smiling at him. Lloyd blinks in surprise, stumbling into his bed uncertainly. 

"Goodnight, Lloyd." He says, hand on the doorknob. 

"Wait!" Lloyd calls, and the lighting ninja stops in his tracks, looking back at the small figure. 

"Uh, thanks for th- for Ben." He says softly. His cheeks burn red, and he huddles under his blanket, tugging the soft cloth over his head in embarrassment.

There's a small laugh, and he peeks over the edge of the duvet curiously.

"Don't worry about it, Lloyd." Jay replies cheerfully, leaning against the doorway. "Take care of him, 'kay?" Lloyd gives a small nod, pulling the bear closer to him. The door closes with a small creak, and the footsteps thud away gently. Light spills in under the small gap, illuminating the 

But that night, Ben Jr accompanies him under the covers, and Lloyd thinks the shadows don't seem as dark as they did before. 

• • •

(extra scene, enjoy :D)

"Holy crap!" Jay exclaimed, hand on the door knob. "What. Is. That." He says, eyes glued on something in the room. 

"What is it?" Lloyd asked curious, sticking his head over Jay's shoulder to look. "Oh my god." 

A enormous teddy bear sits in the middle of the room, big bow tie decorating it's neck. It was a brown hazel color, big floppy ears covering half his face. Jay looked shell shocked, and Lloyd was already on it, admiring the toy. 

"Why is it so big?" Lloyd asked, looking up at Jay after a few stunned moments of silence.  

"That's what she said."  Kai snickered, stepping into the room. Nya hit him on the head, rolling her eyes. "No dirty jokes around the children, dumbass."

"Ow! Fine, Nya, sorry, sorry—When did you get that, anyway?" 

"I'm just as old as you are!" Lloyd argued, a frown crossing his face. Ironic how it made him look even younger, Jay considered, grinning.

 "I don't know, I just walked in and -bam- there's a giant bear in my room. It's bigger than me, for gods sake!" he answered picking up one of its arms cautiously. "Think someone got it for me?" he asked, shooting a suspicious look towards Nya.

The water ninja shrugged innocently, amused smile on her face.  "Wasn't me. Cole?"

"Cole is too broke to buy something like that." Kai scoffed, and they all nodded in agreement. "You're right, he literally did not have enough money to buy himself a coffee last week." Lloyd says, cementing the thought. 

"Zane?" Nya suggests, and Jay considers it for a second, then shakes his head, dismissing the idea. "Zane doesn't do stuff like this." 

They're quiet for a few moments, thinking. 

"Who gave you that, then?" Nya asked, face scrunched in confusion. 

It turns out nobody in the monastery had any idea where it came from, and once it is deemed safe, the bear continues living in Jay's bedroom. And the lighting ninja is sworn to silence, but sometimes he catches Lloyd curled up it in, the giant toy the perfect size for him to sit in. 

And he still suspects Kai of buying him the bear.