Merry Christmas

Disclaimer: I do not own Betelgeuse or company, nor do I make any money from this, but I do like to use them for my own twisted pleasure, though.

Outside the little window, the snow fell heavily from the grey-casted sky

Outside the little window, the snow fell heavily from the grey-casted sky. Lydia eyed the whiteout conditions with an enormous amount of relief. She wasn't still feeling the greatest because of the pregnancy and honestly didn't have the energy to deal with her stepmother right now. It was taking what little vigor she had just to make breakfast, and she still had lunch as well as the dishes for tonight's meal to throw in the oven. Thank the underworld that she had prepped the meals last night, or she would be dead on her feet by the end of Christmas.

A sigh escaped when her husband's arms wove around her waist and pulled her gently to his chest. "Merry Christmas, Baby." He said while leaving a heated trail down her neck.

"Mmmm..." Lydia moaned, eyes closing for a second before tilting her face to the side to look at him. "Merry Christmas." She smiled in return before returning to the filling sink. She'd let the dirty dishes soak while they ate, then she would tackle them.

"Damn, it's snowing like crazy out there." He observed, taking in the blinding conditions, then reached over his wife for his large coffee mug.

"Weather report is stating blizzard-like conditions." She threw over her shoulder as Betelgeuse went to fill the cup to the top.

"Well, it isn't Christmas without snow." Remarked the poltergeist. "Mmm..." He hummed happily while taking a drink of his cup of joe. Her husband liked his coffee as black as the night sky. "You makin' that Bean casserole thingy you made for Thanksgiving?" he asked, sipping on his hot drink and leaning against the counter, so he could see Bug as she munched on pancake bits.

"Green Bean casserole, and yes I am," Lydia confirmed, then giggled when her ghostly husband began to slightly drool at the thought.

"Good." Betelgeuse quipped before taking another sip.

Lydia eyed the snowy scene yet again then trailed back to her husband. "I don't think we will be making it to my parent tonight." She said, lips curling upward at the thought.

He barked out an amused laugh, his eyes twinkling with mirth. "You don't sound too broken up about it, Sweets." Said the poltergeist, flashing a row of teeth and wiggling his brows.

Her shoulder lifted, then dropped as she turned off the water and grabbed a towel to wipe her damp hands. "To be honest, I love my family, but I just want to spend this time with you and Lucy." She said, tossing the towel on the counter.

"Once a month is more than I can take." snarked the dead man.

A snicker ripped from the small woman. "You only say that because you can't charm the pants off of them." She retorted, snickering some more.

"I can scare the pants off of them, but I don't think they would appreciate it." Joked Betelgeuse, his face twisting happily at the thought.

"No, that definitely wouldn't help in your favor." Lydia quipped, leaving her husband to make her way to the table to feed her and the unborn babe.