Chapter 13

Disclaimer: I don't own anything associated with the Beetlejuice franchise, nor do I make any money from this. The only thing I own is Lucy and Irene and I'm okay with that. The rest I just borrow for my own twisted amusement.

A quick AN: When a character in a pink glittery ball gown and wings comes into play think Carol Kane as the Ghost of Christmas Present from the movie Scrooged. If you have no clue what that movie is, well that means I'm old as hell and you'll just have to google that shit.

– (Ghost of Christmas Present): Sometimes the truth is painful, Frank. [Slaps his face] But it's made your cheeks rosy and your eyes bright! (Frank Cross): If you TOUCH ME AGAIN, I'll rip your goddamn wings off! Okay? – Scrooged –

Chapter 13

The month appeared to speed by for the couple as September progressed into October. Even with the shift to her favorite month, the young mother couldn't ease the nerves that were bundled up deep within. They seemed to claw at her insides and caused the endless worry to spread. Lydia knew it was from the visit with the detectives' weeks ago. Their impromptu social call had thrown the pregnant woman off balance. Her husband had tried to alleviate her apprehension, but she couldn't shake the feeling of foreboding that began to weigh down upon her. Maybe it was her hormones messing with her frazzled nerves? Or maybe Lydia just expected trouble simply because Luke was involved indirectly? She wasn't sure and carefully kept her mounting worry to herself as to not burden Betelgeuse with more of her antics.

As it was, her ghostly partner was already dealing with her sporadic mood swings. Christ, she felt like a yo-yo; Hellishly bopping up and down at any time of the day. Though, Lydia had to admit he was taking the emotional outbursts a lot better than she was. It was completely unexpected, but it really shouldn't have surprised her. The poltergeist tended to do things that just seemed to be out of character from the rough and chilling image he enjoyed portraying to the outside world. Plus, there were facets of the dead man that he liked to show only to his little family.

A smile sprang to life as Lydia thought on all the sweet things he had done lately. First with the beautiful necklace then running to wherever to get the various foods her pregnant ass craved. Later in the month when it was time for her birthday, he had surprised her with a party at her folks' and a night out at an art show. It had been their first real date as a couple. She knew that working with her family and the art show wasn't his thing, but he had made sure that everything about that night had been perfect. It had been that and so much more. A birthday that she would never forget.

Lydia smoothed her hands over the curve of her lower abdomen and turned in the mirror to get a view of her profile. A rush of happiness overcame her as she caressed the bump lovingly and smiled even larger than before. It truly was a beautiful sight. Her body had already begun to change with her breasts becoming fuller and her lower abdomen swelling to accommodate the growing babe. The said bump was out in full view because of the tight black high waisted skirt and a short sleeved red silk blouse that she decided to wear for the evening festivities. Lydia twisted to her other side and ran her hand over her belly again, before facing the mirror head on. She adjusted the beetle necklace resting between her breasts then reached up to twirl some loose hair around her fingers that didn't get placed in the red hair net.

A whistle sounded in the room and caused the distracted woman to jump with her hand over her thudding heart. She whipped around and spied her husband leaning against the door frame with their daughter on his hip. His green eyes trailed down her body, before returning to her face with a toothy grin. He catcalled again while his smoky tone washed over her. "You've always looked good in red, but mixed with the black, Sweets. It makes you damn right edible!" He licked his lips wolfishly and waggled his brows at his delectable wife. "Mmmm...You know how I like to eat..."