Chapter 11

Disclaimer: I don't own anything associated with the Beetlejuice franchise nor do I make any money on this. I just like the use the characters for my own twisted amusement.

Side note: I just want to state before you read, that I am not a doctor or medical practitioner of any kind. There is a big chance that I may get things wrong because I'm going off of memory and my memory is for shit. Plus, it has been a long time since I had my daughter and things have changed some. I also I didn't have a midwife, so I'm going off of what I have found about appointments and all that goes with it. If you see something that I may have missed feel free to leave a comment to let me know. I will try to fix it as soon as possible. Now enough of my squawking. . Enjoy the new chapter!

The weekend at her parents hadn't been as bad as Lydia had initially thought. Of course, it had ended short because of Lucy being sick and to Lydia's surprise, her family had understood completely. Before they had left, she had promised them that they would visit again to finish their discussion. The young mother hoped that by the time that came around, her parents would be more accustom to her marriage to the poltergeist.

After the upsetting weekend, the next couple of days seemed to pass by rather quickly. Lucy began to return to her old sunny self and the small family got back to their daily routine. The topic of what Juno had said to Betelgeuse had been brought up and the couple had decided that a netherworld midwife would be perfect for their unorthodox situation. It would be safer to go with someone who knew what they were doing. Plus, there were some things that neither really knew about when it came to this pregnancy. Basically, they were both wading in uncharted territory.

Shortly after their discussion, Betelgeuse had come to her and stated that a Netherworld Midwife named Irene would be at their house in the morning. He had told her that the deceased woman was an acquaintance of his and someone that he trusted to take good care of her and their unborn child.

Lydia couldn't help but be intrigued by the thought of her husband having an acquaintance and someone he trusted to boot. She knew that Betelgeuse trusted very few, so if he said her and their unborn baby were in good hand then they were.

The morning of the appointment had the young mother sitting on the couch folding some laundry. Her husband and daughter sat on the floor playing with a few building blocks. A chiming started to resound throughout the house, causing the pregnant woman to jump and turn a nervous gaze to her husband. "What is that?"

The poltergeist gave her a reassuring smile and passed Lucy a block, as he spoke. "It's okay, Sweets. It's our alarm system for Netherfolk. I don't want Junie or any other fucker thinkin' that they can pop in whenever the hell they feel like it. This is our house and we make the rules not them." Betelgeuse stood up and walked to the fire place, where he snapped his fingers, causing it to contort into a large doorway.

The new door swung open and out stepped a short and wafer thin middle-aged woman with beautiful silver hair place into a loose bun. She was also dressed in a dark blue garden print scrub top with matching scrub pants and grey tennis shoes. Around her petite neck was a pair of black and blue hand prints, which was clear sign that her death had been one of strangulation.

Lydia forced her eyes away from the bruising and hoped that the midwife had not noticed her staring. She didn't want to come off as rude, nor did she want to insult her. Betelgeuse had once said that deaths are very private subject matter and were not talked about unless the dead in question spoke about it first.

Leaning down to pick up Lulu, she watched the dead woman smile at her husband then croaked out a greeting. Her tone was even rougher than either the dead man or the nosey case worker. "Hey Geuse."