Chapter 15

Disclaimer: I don't own Beetlejuice and company. I only like to borrow the characters from time to time.

---------------------------------------------

"Happy Birthday Lucy!" Every shouted towards the bubbly toddler as her mother snapped shots here and there.

Lydia moved the camera away from her face and cooed gently. "Come on, baby. Blow." Blowing out some air as she said that.

"You can do it, Bug. Blow like this." encouraged the poltergeist while leaning in close to the toddler and expelling an unneeded breath.

Lucy attempted to extinguish the flame, but the gust of air came out more like a raspberry and spewing her germs all over her cake. Having tried a few more times, Betelgeuse ended up blowing it out along with her.

"Yay!" They all cheered and clapped, and the little girl copied them enthusiastically.

Betelgeuse grabbed the candle, and Lucy dug her chubby fingers into the sugary confection. She shoved the pieces sloppily into her eager mouth.

The grownups in the room laughed at the child's antics, and all sat down to slice into another dessert that didn't have Lucy's DNA all over it.

Once the small group finished eating, presents were brought out and gradually given to the adorable toddler to rip into.

The expectant woman was on her feet much to her husband's displeasure; she watched through the lens as her growing child opened one gift after one another.

The first round of presents was from her parents. They had given her a touch and feel puzzle, a large wooden activity center that looked far too expensive for a toddler, and some dresses with lots of frills and glitter.

Even Adam and Barbara had a few items procured via the internet and her folks. They got her a couple of books and a sweet looking babydoll.

As for herself, she had splurged on some eco-friendly finger paints that she was so going to regret buying, and a set of fountain bowls for bath time. Betelgeuse, on the other hand, had mentioned he had something in the works. He positively refused to tell her what it was and said to wait until the party.

Lydia sidestepped to her husband, leaning over his shoulder to whisper in his ear. "Didn't you say that you had something for Lucy?"

His grin split even wider as his green eyes sparkled mischievously. "That I do."

What was her husband up to? She cocked her brow and inquired about his mysterious response. "Then where is it?"

He let out an amused laugh and ran his knuckle against her jawline. "Babes, my surprise won't fit in here."

His present to Lulu couldn't fit into the room. Her brows furrowed in confusion and questioned her husband under her breath. "What do you mean it won't fit? What did you get her?" It wasn't something outrageous, was it?

A cheeky wink was sent her way as he scooted his chair back and stood up. "Why don't we all go and see?" He turned to the others and curled his fingers for them to follow as well.

The confusion continued while she and the other's tracked him to the other side of the room. "Go where B?"

He stopped at the wall snapping his fingers, making a door appear. "Here."

Eyeing the large wooden door, she inquired with interest. "Where does it lead?"

The poltergeist smiled largely and nudged his tiny wife with his elbow. "Why don't we open the door, babe?"