Chapter 4

Chapter 4: A Woman's Gaze

"You bitch!"

Slap!

A swift slap to the face was what Horikita gave to the girl in front of her.

"Ah! You...! Horikita-san..."

"Hey, back off! Are you crazy?!"

The poor girl whimpers as she holds her cheeks. Satou scolds Horikita and protects the girl while glaring at her.

"How can you do that?!"

Satou asks.

"Horikita-san... What's wrong?"

Matsushita asks while clenching her fists, practically enduring the urge to throw hands against Horikita.

"It's none of you bitches' business!"

"Horikita-san, stop! Just tell me what have I done to make you slap me..."

The girl, who we so wanted to beat at the early volumes, asks.

"Kushida-san. I am done with all your schemes. Do you not know when to give up?"

Horikita asks.

"Horikita-san... What do you mean by that? When have I ever done that? You're cruel..."

Kushida sniffles while tears run down from the corner of her eyes.

"Hmph. You can't fool me. You said it yourself before. That you'll steal him from me!"

The girls around the two raises their eyebrows. Karuizawa, who was frozen shocked of fear, finally spoke.

"That... Do you mean Ayanokouji-kun, Horikita-san? I think you're misunderstanding Kushida-san."

"Shut up, Karuizawa! I know what you did too."

Karuizawa walks forward with a strong gaze.

"Huh?! Who are you talk like that to me? And what if I did what you think I did?"

Her strong confidence gave Horikita a challenge but they both know Horikita would win for the time being.

Horikita steps forward to say something but–

Pah. Pah. Pah.

"Suzune."

Pah. Pah. Pah.

"Suzune..."

Pat. Pat. Pat.

"Hnnggh..."

"Suzune... Come on."

Slap. Slap. Pat.

"Kiyotaka... Hngh..."

"Sigh. It's already lunchtime."

I heard his voice while I was about to open my eyes.

Should I perhaps tease him again? I probably shouldn't. He might take revenge and reveal something important that he thinks trivial.

I sat up properly.

"What is it?"

"How could you sleep? I did my best to keep awake during class, you know."

I knew that I shouldn't because I have already thought of the grading system but I don't know why I feel restless for today. It's not like I'm sick.

Am I pregnant? That would be ridiculous. We haven't done anything sexual nor do I have anyone else that I have relationships... Nor do I want anyone else other than him.