Chapter 13

Chapter 13: Ridiculous Reality

I got out of the bath, feeling restless. I didn't have any energy to do anything. I looked at the bed and saw that it was properly organized, with the folded blanket placed on top of my pillow.

I walked towards the bed and touched the soft surface. Moving my hand sideways, I reminisced the happening of yesterday. My hand stopped and I sighed in depression.

I sat down on the soft mattress and held my head with both my hands, racking up every idea on why that happened. Everything was just wrong.

"Suzune..." I pursed my lips, remembering the heated kisses we shared. The warmth seeped through our clothes while sleeping. I remember I was still holding her to my chest, keeping her warm and keeping her mine.

But then what happened totally baffled me. My morning was ruined. I don't know what happened nor what she was thinking but I hate to see her acting so distant with me.

That blank glare... Not cold but it made my blood freeze. I tried sorting my thoughts out but saw that the class is about to start.

Was it just a dream? Certainly not possible. I won't accept it if it was just a dream but what happened to her anyway?

Even if it was just a dream, Suzune and I are close enough to be more than friends.

Thus, I chose to ignore it for the time being and decided to prepare for class.

I performed routine already and walked out of the room with my bag. I also brought something someone must have lost on the way yesterday.

Going down to the lobby, I sensed that something will throw oil into the fire. And it seems like I was right. When I had come out of the elevator, I saw a mop of short blue hair just by the corner.

I ignored the person as it was only a friend of an acquaintance however she called me.

"You, are you Ayanokouji-kun?"

Am I that forgettable?

Thinking so, I walked past her without blinking. Still, she didn't give up and caught up to me.

"I was just kidding, geez." I halted my footsteps and stood still.

"Can I ask you a question now?"

I started walking again. "I suppose."

"Okay, that's all." Then she ran away.

How strange this girl is. She asked if she can ask a ques- Okay. She's got a point.

I strutted toward my classroom in full misery but my expression still has not change. Still blank as usual.

When I arrived in the classroom, my classmates greeted me and even though we really don't get along, the other boys also greeted me intimately like I was a comrade.

"Oh... Good morning," was all I could say. I was very baffled but I knew that they must be planning about something. That's right. This little schemers better be staying put on their seat and behave.

"Good morning, Ayanokouji-kun."

"G-Good morning, Horikita." I stuttered. I literally stuttered.

"Why are you stumbling on your words? Is there something wrong, Ayanokouji-kun?" I noticed not only Suzune gave me a confused and shocked look but also the people near us.

"Ah, nothing. I just happen to fight back a yawn while opening my mouth."

"Hmm, I see. I apologize. I didn't want to offend you but I guess I just wouldn't expect seeing an apathetic yawn." This... Is she embarrassing me?