Chapter 5

Chapter 5: Forced Sequela

Ring!

As soon as the bell rang, several students stood up and left the classroom with their friends. Kushida, being the popular girl she is, stayed with Mii-chan, or Wang Mei-Yuu, and the other girls.

"Hey, are you gonna stay here?"

I looked to my side and saw Suzune arranging her things.

"Yes, I have something to do–"

"You'll be having a meeting with Kushida-san, right? It's alright."

Zip!

She closes her bag and carries it before walking away. However, she eventually looked back.

"Just... come back for dinner. I'll be waiting."

"Yeah..."

She eventually left after nodding. That was weird.

I waited in my seat for a little while looking at the sky. Suddenly, a ping sound came from my phone.

I frowned as I took it out of my pocket. When I saw the sender, I thought for a while.

"Didn't she just leave?"

I sighed and opened the message.

"...Have a fun date, she says." I sighed once again.

Oh, how cruel and cold you are, Suzune.

I stood up and walked out of the room. I stopped just outside the school building, waiting for Kikyou.

I had called her Kikyou once but that resulted in a mess from the class. I had thought it was normal...

~Flashback~

"Let's get along, Ayanokouji-kun!"

"Yeah. Glad to be your friend, Kikyou."

"Eh?"

Blink. Blink.

"Huhhhhh?! What the heck, Ayanokouji?!"

Ike screamed so loud, after smacking Yamauchi's ass, that even Suzune jumped in her seat. She glares at him silently and he backs off.

"Uh... Ayanokouji-kun?"

Kikyou, as I called her, tilts her head as I continued shaking her hand. There was a subtle blush on her face and I somehow realized the problem.

"...Was I not supposed to call you that?"

Smack!

"Of course, you can't! You bastard!"

"Ah, no, no. It's fine but I'd rather we become closer more before calling each other by our forenames, Ayanokouji-kun."

She gave me a smile that made people ignore what Ike said before. The class softened their expressions.

"Alright... Kushida."

What strength she has.

"Mm! Well then, I'm gonna go back to my seat now."

I nodded at her and released her hand. She walks away while I stare at my warm hand.

"Warm..."

Of course, it would be. She's alive and I am too. I sighed.

"What are you sighing for? You got a pretty cute girl to be your friend."

"It's not like that. I just thought that I made a fairly inappropriate mistake."

I heard Suzune sigh.